Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So Michigan had some real snow yesterday which meant it was time to bring out the SteelCut Oatmeal tin. I put up the regular batch with the addition of dried organic blueberries and gold raisins, put it into the Thermowell at 6PM last night and forgot about it until 11:30 this morning. After 16.5 hours cooking in the T'Well, I just had the ULTIMATE oatmeal. I don't think it is possible to overcook that stuff, it just keeps getting better !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We've had our T-well pilot on for a month or so now. Once the weather gets nippy, it's time to fire up the pilots, all of 'em.

Haven't made the steel-cut oatmeal yet this season but we have used the well to make a few melt-in-your-mouth pot roasts, split pea soup, and black eyed peas with bacon.

Everything's better with bacon. I bet even oatmeal could be improved with a bit of bacon in it.

Since my wife became a stay-at-home mom full-time, she's been cooking on the old chambers every day. Not a day goes by that she doesn't tell me that she just loves cooking on that thing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man, I'm in the middle of hot TX, and I've never turned the pilot off in the Twell. Waddaya talking about? I've already treated my cousin in law to THE oatmeal 2 weekends ago, and temps were in the low 90's. Gotta make an impression! Besides, there's the biscuits you know. And...I'm looking forward to doing that chuck roast everyone is talking about, cooler weather is almost HERE. And my husband Ken said, you forgot to mention the beets..v

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 13, 2006 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Ms V ]</font>