Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Does anyone use propane with the 90C model? Other than the regulator (sold by antiquestoves.com) does anything else have to be adjusted or replaced? Any help much aprreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why did you need a special regulator? I am planning to use propane until I can get NG plumbed and I got a propane tank ( the large one used for outdoor grills) and a regulator that those work with , some dryer tubing (for gas) and the appropriate connectors. I haven't tried to put it togetther yet...but tell me, is there something else I should know? I just wanted to have the stuff together before I called in an expert to give a final say-

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't fall for the need of a regulator. The addition of regulators is a trick that restoration guys and manufactorers use. If they add a regulator to the stoves, they can adjust the burners in their shop and they will not have to be adjusted when the stoves get to their customers home. Cuts out the need for a Stoveman! If your stove is in your home to start with, you will be adjusting the burners using the gas source and pressure that it will be operating on for the rest of it's life. Your stove will be operating on the regulator at your LP tank or Natural gas meter.

tux_sf

Hi there.....you should have a look at other postings on this board to get you started. Click on the search link on the top right side of the screen, then try searching different terms that would apply (I tried 'propane 90C,' for instance & found at least one entry with some info). If you didn't get a service manual with the stove you will defnintely need to get one. The moderator of this board, Todd White, as well as Sam (The Uncertain Stoveman) a member on here, sell reprints of them.

I hope this helps!

-Danny

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 07, 2006 12:17 AM: Message edited by: tux_sf ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Right on target Sam!