Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do you switch chambers from natual gas to propane? I am looking for a stove to restore, but all seem to be set up for natural gas. I read that it was possible, but what parts are needed?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

here we go again! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    there are some threads about the switch some months ago here.
    some stoves come with universal mixing valves- simple adjustment, im familiar with model c stoves and can help if thats what you get. all can be converted over but some require different drip pans.
    im going out of town for a couple days. ill check in with you when i get back.
    tom

taheckler

Tom is right - converting the Model C is easy since the mixer pins are universal. The Model B is a different story. The Model BZ came ready to change to LP gas (but they're a whole lot harder to find). The Model B is a different story. The Service Manual describes how to do it. You can either cut the chimneys off your burners (and a few other things), or you can go on a treasure hunt to find the LP gas parts you'll need to do the conversion the recommended way that's described in the manual. I have a Model B and managed to find my LP parts, but it's not been easy.

t.