Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to Tura I saw a 60 C today. The thermowell was completely rust free except for some surface rust on the brackets that support the grate. The removable bottom of the oven has lost some of its porcelain, but the remainder of the oven is intact. I can't assess function but the current owner is the son of the original owner and used the stove until it was put in storage.

The main problem is the enamel. There are many small areas where the white enamel is missing and there is one spot where the enamel is peeling on one side near the back. The timer dial is missing. The chrome on the control levers is completely worn off, but they all work. I am especially concerned about the enamel and what might be required to restore that. It is my suspicion, based on comments by others, that enamel repair is quite difficult. Is that true?

I will be appreciative of any thoughts about potential problems with restoration of this stove.

Thanks,

Peter

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

imho (victor taught me that) it all comes down to time and money. specifically, how much of either youre willing to spend.
    i have two 61c that i bought with appearance as first consideration. actually, thats about all i had to go on as they were bought on e bay!
    both have needed minimal time and money to be put into useable condition. i looked for units with good enamel and decent cooktop and intact chrome.
    both have cleaned up nicely and work well. if i sent out the burners and grates to be refinished the stoves would really look good, but i doubt ill spend the money.
    im sure tura can give you info on enamel,chrome and porcelain refinishing.
    check out the two stoves on ebay now (current bids under $100 with a couple days left).
    good luck!
    tom