Thread: Are there any differences between the service manuals from different sources

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen service manuals for Chambers Stoves offered for sale by a number of very reputable sources. TOAC seems to imply that their version is updated. Are there any differences between the manuals from different sources that are significant?

Peter

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

toac has some sort of expanded manual but im not sure if theres anything extra in it you would need. the service manual available on this site and from that nice uncertain stoveman on ebay cover more than most people need to know and are 1/3 the price.
    the folks at toac are very nice and very informative but charge a significant premium for alot of their stuff. jmho.
    tom

taheckler

The only thing that I would add is that some folks just zip off a photocopy of their manuals and sell them. Those copies tend to be rather poor and hard to read. I have ordered a number of manuals from Stoveman, and one from the Chambers Lover's website, and found that they were all high quality reproductions. I have never ordered from TOAC because of their prices, but would have confidence that they would be good quality too.

What I especially like about Stovemen's copies is that they look just like the originals.

t.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I ordered all the literature that the Chambers Lovers website had to offer for a model 90c in the beginning of August. Todd cashed my check and I haven't recieved anything yet and he hasn't responded to any of my emails. Does anyone know if he's alright? I couldn't wait any longer so I bit the bullet and ordered the manuel from TOAC, which I got in 3 days. When I joined The Old Appliance Club on a Monday I got my magazines on that Thursday, so I knew I would get what I ordered. The manuel is bound with a plastic cover. I have never seen another copy of the manuel so I couldn't tell if it's worth the cost, but at least I have one to start my renovation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi folks,

The small (original) cookbook that I sell is identical in every way to the original (even in color) with one exception: it has been digitally cleaned up and looks better than the original would have on the inside. The outside cover is color and I left the signs of age on it to match the age of the stoves.

The KITCHEN SIZE version is the same as the small one, except it is larger and easier to use when cooking.

The others are digital copies of the best originals I have been able to find, and cleaned up the best I can do.

These are provided as a service, not for making a lot of money on - I just want to make sure people can use their CHAMBERS units for many years to come.

I owe an apology to those who have had to wait for their literature orders - things have not been going too well for me lately: my mother's cancer has come back with a vengeance, and we've been buried trying to care for her and get her to chemotherapy, two of my friends died last week - one after a short bout with colon cancer and the other without notice, and another friend's wife had a serious car crash. And, I have some folks missing in Mississippi - victims, we fear, of Hurricane Katrina.

Coupled with not having been well for several months myself, and it's been terrible (if anyone just HAS to know what I've been suffering with, they can e-mail me and I will tell them privately).

All-in-all, it's been a terrible three months.

BUT things are better - Mom seems to be responding to treatment, the funerals are over, the car wreck victim is home recovering, and I'm back to about 80%. My goal is to be back to 100% by Thanksgiving.

I owe you, Bill CV, a particularly special apology: I thought all of those who had orders pending had been notified as to the status of my situation, and you, obviously, had not. Your money will be refunded in full, and you will still get your materials.

All pending orders are being shipped today and tomorrow, and I have included several free items as appreciation to those who have been so kind to send e-mail's of encouragement and understanding.

The CHAMBERS people are a family - thanks so much for being my friends and kind in these difficult times.