Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although no one was hurt, due to a nasty kitchen fire we lost our original Chambers stove. Eventually, everything was rebuilt but we could not afford to replace our parents beloved Chambers.
    The pastor at our church told me to contact the Old Appliance Club at [url="http://www.theoldapplianceclub.net"]www.theoldapplianceclub.net[/url] to see if they might know of someone that could help us.
    I talked with Gina Thompson who is an assistant there and she suggested I join the organization. In their appliance magazine they list free appliances that people are giving away at no charge just so they don't get thrown away or junked.
    I will forever be grateful to Jack Santoro who is the founder and historian of the club when he learned of our need.
    One of the members of toac was moving into a senior living facility and was giving away her yellow highback Chambers. It was a jewel! The best news of all is that it was just 45 minutes away from our house.
    Mr. Santoro made all the arrangements for us and a toac member volunteered to deliver it at no charge. They also made it possible for us to meet the owner who bought it new in 1953. We laughed and we cried but we promised to take care of Doris' Chambers forever and give her visitation rights anytime she wanted to drop by.
    This was the nicest thing anyone ever did for my family. There still are people in this world that care for those in need. I will never forget their kindness. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

taheckler

I got my Model B from a gal who also contacted TOAC because she had one she wanted to give away. She put an ad in TOAC's newsletter, and I was fortunate enough to come across it. We did have to make a 8-hour trip one-way to get it and almost killed ourselves loading it on the trailer (we had to get it through what felt like 2 acres of grassy backyard!!) with another 8-hour drive home. Even though it was one heck of a "restoration project", it came with all the pots and the porcelain was near perfect. So I, too, am grateful to TOAC that they hooked her up with me that I may have this awesome stove!