Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, First I'd to tell berlyn, sorry about the PM. I was having some sort of brain freeze,I saw this range on ebay last night and got sooooo psyc'd I was up until 6:30am trying to research Chambers. I wanted to post to get help but could figure out how. My mom was always telling me "if it had teeth it would have bit you", there it was "POST NEW TOPIC". I knew wanted an "old stove", but hadn't done and research about any. When I saw this auction and learned about them I now HAVE TO HAVE IT! [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7560809636&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7560809636&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1[/url] My husband is concerned about the drywall dust affecting the burners, and the current owners don't know much about it. The auctions ended, but I'm going to contact the owners by phone. What should I be asking them? Now that I've seen this I'm absolutely in lust with this and really want it. I want to make sure I don't get rooked by my own inexperience. What kind of price should I be looking for, for what types of conditions? Thanks for any help! Debbie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Debbie,

I took a look at the stove (the red one?). It looks like it's in good shape. The drywall won't affect the stove. All you need to do is get the service manual which Todd sells and it will show you how to take apart the different pieces on the stove so you can clean. The chambers Freedom Red is one of the more disirable stoves and don't come along that often so the price tag on them comes a little higher. It looks like the chrome and porceline are in good shape. I would negotiate the price. Do any of the pots come with the stove for the thermowell?

The chambers is a great stove and once you have one you will never want another stove. You just have to be willing to put in a little elbow grease. This is a great site because a lot of your questions will be answered. If red is the color you really want than go for it because as I mentioned they don't come around that often.

Virginia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Virginia,

I've got a call in to the owners, to hopefully negotiate a price. They said they have the pie warmer, so I'm hoping it's the Thermobaker, but no other pots! I can't tell you how excited I am about this range! I am so glad to have found this site! I've learned sooo much, thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I loved how this range looked and as I was I reading the posts here I got so excited I almost woke my husband up to look at the it. I've already spent hours going through Todd's site, it's going to be invaluable.

SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST, I WAS TRYING TO DELETE THE 2ND ONE, BUT NO LUCK.

Thanks,
    Debbie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Debbie,

Sounds like it is the thermobaker, which is great because they're harder to come by than the other pots. I'm excited for you....it's the best feeling when you get one of these babies! You won't regret your purchase at all. As you can tell all of us on this web site probably would "die" for our chambers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Personally (if I had it), I wouldn't pay more than $800.00 for a red CHAMBERS, and only then if it was REALLY REALLY REALLY clean and in good shape.

The $1,500.oo is WAY too high in my book!

Let me know when you need literature...

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ November 13, 2005 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Virginia,
    It looks like there's rust around the oven door opening. Will I need to repair this, is it going to be a problem. I really appreciate your helping. I'm sitting by the phone, and I keep checking my email for the owners to contact me.

Debbie

taheckler

Girl, you have good taste!! And I think it's a nice stove for the money. The e-Bay post is right about the price - we had a bet going a few months ago (it's on this site somewhere) as to what a nice red one on e-Bay would top out at - it ended up around $3,450 (or so). Stoveman generously awarded the winner a nice set of triple pots.

I think you'd be very happy with this stove. Even if it's got a little rust around the door, not a biggie to rectify. If you want to do it right, you can pull the front panel off so expose the door frame, remove the rust with steel wool, and repaint the frame with high-heat flat black paint (the kind that's made for BBQ's), usually available at Lowe's or Home Depot. The Service Manual mentioned above describes how to remove these parts in perfect detail.

Keep us posted - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks this is just the kind of help I need! I'm a little too tired, and have the "I wants" right now. A little reality kick in the behind is what I needed to come down a little from my Chamber buzz. I'm more willing to wait to make sure I get the best deal I can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

As both the cookbook(/owner's manual) and Service Manual say, the oven door seals to the oven with a metal-to-metal seal. Over time, a slight amount of surface rust appears on them. With a little #0000 steel wool, slight rubbing, some tack cloth, and a little cooking (or other) oil, this is easily taekn care of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an appointment tomorrow at 7:30 and she's willling to negotiate the price. Yeee Haaaa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast