Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The aluminum Griddle and Broiler can be cleaned successfully with Cameo Cleaner, green scrubber pads, and gloves. Remember to rinse with HOT water and wipe them dry immediately with paper towels.

They should be seasoned lightly with Crisco either when totally dry or before you use them again (preferred).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For some reason I'm remebering a previous post about getting things nickle plated. Maybe from Tom? I'll look back through the discussion board to see if I can find what I'm talking about, but not right now.
    Ann

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The aluminum griddle can be polished and end up with a mirror-like finish, beautiful. I took mine to the local plating shop and had it done there. They use rouge polishing compound, safe to cook on. We have used my griddle many times and the finish is still beautiful. Eventually the finish will corrode since it is aluminum and you're applying heat and food, but you just polish it again.
    When I had mine done, I asked him about plating it and he recommended against it, just to polish the existing griddle. I'm very happy with it. In fact, we polished our Thermowell lid as well. They both look brand new.
    If you wish to do your own, the supplies are available as a kit at Home Depot.
    Gwen

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About the trip pan. My griddle has a little wall all the way around that prevents any grease or food from escaping. It also has a depresion in the back corner for excess grease to collect. It also can be flipped over for indoor grilling.
    I would ask at you local kitchen gadget store or try looking for "griswald" (industry name/popular name brand) on line.

Sometimes grocery stores carry a few cast iron items and are usually less expensive. If you don't have any cast iron, definitely pick up a piece or two. It will last as long as your Chambers.
    Garage sales etc. are excellent places to find old cast iron.
    I look for rusty and grimy stuff. Many people think that there is some kind of trick to cleaning and restoring old cast iron. Scrub it. Oil it. Heat it. wipe it down, your ready to go. After that very light scrubbing and wiping down will do.
    If you really burn it up, just start over and your back in business.

Chad

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It looks like a #8 griswald long griddle will fit nicely in the griddle slot. There are many for sale on ebay right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, about all this mirror finish griddle nonsence ;-)...

Just cook on the dang thing! We Model B and BZ owners, or assimilants, have the distinct advantage of cooking great, greazzy, lusciously messy meals, and then simply folding down our tops to cover up our wonderful messes. Why spend hours polishing and cleaning when you can just drop the top and hop! C'mon, the Chambers is all about getting us out of the kitchen ASAP!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactamente Joe! Out of the kitchen and to the bridge table, the tennis court, and the golf course (at least that's what the picture on the front of my cookbook suggests). For those cover-less C's how about the cutting board that's made to fit over the griddle. I noticed one on Todd's web site in the picture of the counter-top stove. Was this accessory just for this model? Anyone know anything about this?
    Ann

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THANK YOU GWEN ! I was hoping there was a renewable and simple solution and yours sounds right to me. Mostly basic maintenance, use it, clean and once in a while have a pro do it to bring it back to new. I'll get it sone as quickly as possible !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Joe, A stove with a cover that allowed me to hide the mess would become Spielberg nightmare material for me ! If i can hide dirt, I do ! In order to maintain a bit of sanity and a bit of sanitary cooking order, I need that wide open stove !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, maybe I'm a little obsessed, but I like the shiny griddle. I was lucky to get one of the stainless steel griddle covers with my stove, and I do keep it covering the griddle when not in use. But I enjoy the shiny griddle everytime I take the cover off too. Maybe it's because I always liked the heroes in those old corny movies whose teeth would shine when they smiled...
    Sorry, in a silly mood tonight!
    Gwen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast