Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Robert, Peter, and Warren;
    You were the few who said they would be interested in a pot handle. I talked with my friend and he said we'd probably need about 10 to make it at a reasonable cost. But, I am going to take one of my pots down to show him sometime (he lives about 1.5 hours away in NM) and give him a better idea. One question though is do you care if it is a "replica" (trying to make it look like the original - stamped "FAKE" of course) OR do you just want something that functions for removing pots from the thermowell? For me, function is what I care about.
    Now, who would be interested in a "broiler platter lifter"? (If Tura would share pics of hers.) And do you care if it's authentic looking or just functional?
    Ann

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Ann,
    I was thinking of finding a local guy, too, to see if the broiler lift could be duplicated, but it would be helpful if your friend could give his opinion since I don't know what resources I'll find here locally. Here's a link to a picture of the broiler handle:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_elvia/67164490/in/set-1448974/"]Broiler Platter Lifter on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I care about getting the pots out of the Thermowell...a "FAKE" stamp is fine, anyting really that makes it easier to use would be fine...and what is this about the broiler plate lifter ???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually I'd be interested in 2, incase I misplace one. Like I already have!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would be interested in a replica, although I don't even own a triple yet! I think that printing the year 2005 (or '06) would be enough to show it is a reproduction, without it actually having to say "replica" or "fake."

I did get my paws on the small single pot insert that attaches to the lid. It has a slot that I can use the handle for, if nothing else. It's kind of spiffy the way it snaps on to the lid. I'd love to get the shallow insert, but my pot doesn't have the indentations on the sides to hold the insert, so I'd need to buy a whole different pot.

Does anyone's single pot have an attachment site for the handle? It seems like it would be too heavy when full for the handle to be useable.

So now that we know that there were at least two models produced of each the single and double pots (with and w/o handle sites), how about the rest? I do know that there were also 2 models of Thermobaker made. I don't know the difference, but the guy I bought mine from said he had two different models on hand.

Maybe in the virtual stove convention, we could expand on RobbiQuest's (t's) accessories gallery with photos of the different pot/t-baker editions?

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, Jenn, great idea!! Can everyone send me their accessory pictures so we can see what we have to post?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK Berlyn; I'll put you down for a possible two. I will visit my friend with an actual pot or two and a pic of the handle and see what he can do. My emphasis will be function and reasonable cost.
    If anyone else out there is interested, just add your name to this discussion.
    Ann

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RobbiQuest, how/where do I send you my photos of t-baker, etc?

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention, my regular photo-compatible computer just croaked, so it will be a bit before I can get them to you. I'm having to use an old dinosaur to get my Chambers fix for the day!

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha;
    Did you check out Tura's link to her broiler plate lifter? I'll ask my friend about manufacturing these as well.
    Great idea to include a Chambers accessories link on the virtual convention.
    Go Tura, go!!
    Ann

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast