Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New REVISED Service Manual For C-series Ranges Is NOW AVAILABLE!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello Chambers fans!

Well, I did it - I got tired of sending out a copy (although it was a good one) of the Service Manual for the C-series CHAMBERS ranges. I decided that modern owners of these vintage appliances needed and up-to-date Service Manual.

Chambers Corp. published two Service Manuals for the "C" series - one in 1949, when they were introduced, and another one sometime in the middle 1950's, after the advent of the oven safety pilot system. When I looked around at what was being sold by various sources, I found that most (but not all) of the copies were not copies of the originals, but were, in actuality, copies of copies - many of them poor ones, at that - of the originals, sometimes up to four or five generations out! And the prices they were getting for them - WHEW! One place even re-typed and re-assembled the two (rather clumsily, IMHO) and charges $40.00 for it!

[b][i]OUCH![/i][/b]

So, I decided someone ought to make new scans of the best of the illustrations he could find, re-arrange the text into something less clunky (you have to really dig to find what you're looking for in the older versions), re-typset the entire thing in easy-to-read type, and make something worthy of the [b][i]CHAMBERS[/i][/b] name. New notes, comments, advice - it's all in there. I even had to write several new sections to explain to modern users how these stoves work.

Little did I know it would take around 500 hours to produce it! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

So, after many months of work, I am happy ot announce the availability of this new,

[i][b]<font size="4">REVISED SERVICE MANUAL FOR CHAMBERS C-SERIES RANGES!</font>[/i][/b]

[img]http://www.chamberstoves.net/Cover_1B.jpg[/img]

This new, [b][i]REVISED SERVICE MANUAL FOR CHAMBERS C-SERIES RANGES[/i][/b] is a "MUST HAVE" for the owner of a CHAMBERS C-series range! Shows how to assemble, calibrate, and service your CHAMBERS. No owner of a CHAMBERS should be without one! This [b][i]REVISED EDITION[/i][/b] of the Service Manual is for EVERY C-model, not just the early or later versions!

I've taken the best of both of the original manuals, arranged them logically for ease of use, re-scanned the pictures, re-typset the entire text in easy-to-read type, and added helpful comments, notes, and hints that make it the most comprehensive Service Manual for the CHAMBERS C-series of ranges available anywhere, at any price!

This newly-edited [b][i]REVISED EDITION[/i][/b] of the C-series Service Manual is a compilation of the two earlier versions published by the Chambers Corp., and includes lots of new notes, comments, and suggestions for modern users of these vintage appliances.

[b][i]<font size="3">Exclusive Features Found In This Revised Edition Include:</font>

* Completely re-typset text.
    * New scans of the original photographs and illustrations.
    * Completely new text blocks added to most illustrations.
    * A totally new layout - you can now find everything about a particular part or area of your CHAMBERS in one spot. No more digging through multiple pages to find out what you need - it's all cataloged and arranged alphabetically for easy use!
    * Additional notes and comments, including a totally new section mixer pins, pin points, and gas type conversion![/i][/b]

In addition to all of these new features, the [b][i]REVISED EDITION of the CHAMBERS C-SERIES SERVICE MANUAL[/i][/b] includes the Installation Instructions - including how to calibrate the burners and oven thermostat.

The selling price for the outside world is $20.00, plus packaging and postage.

[b]HOWEVER - [/b] for members of this Board who have ordered the older C-series Manual from me, you can have the new one for the price of the packaging and postage only: $5.00.

Not only that, Board members who haven't ordered one from me before can have it for a special price of $15.00, plus packaging and postage.

Just e-mail me at

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

and let me know you want one.

They're in stock and ready to mail!

[b][i]Happy cooking with the gas turned OFF, and happy repairing your CHAMBERS C-series Range using your new -

<font size="4">REVISED EDITION OF THE CHAMBERS C-SERIES SERVICE MANUAL![/i][/b]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi todd, et al
    sounds like a very handy reference to have! congrats on getting it all together!
    as you know, my special interests are gas conversions and safety systems for these stoves. would like to see what the latest is re same. tell me where to send the five bucks.
    tom

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

You can PayPal it to me. Send your e-mail to the e-mail above, & I will send you the info where to send it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Todd,
    Would the new revised service manual for the C-Series benefit B & BZ owners??
    Or should we stick to the original B/BZ service manual??

Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

This is the edition for the "C"-series models only.

It will be a WHILE before I try to tackle the one for the B/BZ's - it will also depend on how well this one is received...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Todd,

This is my first time writing to this Hostboard. I negitiated the purchase of a 90C a month ago. I am going to pick it up this weekend. I found it in the classifieds on TOAC's website and was able to purchase the 1953 vintage white 90C for $200. It looks to be in good condition compared to others I've seen on this Host board and on Ebay. I've been trying to rad all of the postings on the host board befor sub itting my own postings an questions, this took me a month. I am excited to finally own a Chambers and begin my own restoration. From everything I've read, (I've read all of the posts going back to 2004), it looks like there is a wealth of information here. I would like to purchase the Revised Service manual and will be emailing to do so. I just would like to thank you and everyone else that posts to this board for all their knowledge regarding the purchase, restoration and ownership of these absolutely phenominal stoves. I look forward to adding my adventures with my Model 90C to the board in the comming months. My name is Frank and I live in a suburb of Chicago. By the way, my stove is located in Iowa.

later

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hi Frank, and welcome to the CHAMBERS family!

Drop me an e-mail at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] and I will make sure you get what you need.

Happy cooking with the gas turned OFF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just received my revised Model C Service Manual from Todd, and it is a huge improvement over the original!!

It's much more coherent and easier to navigate. All the figures are rearranged so that the corrseponding text is nearby (what a concept!), and there are lots of explanatory notes scattered throughout the manual. These offer hints on what to look for, be careful of, and to avoid altogether. Plus, it's all been retypeset and reformatted. I'm really happy!

Todd, you did such a great job retooling the manual! Thanks for all of your continued efforts to make owning, repairing, and using our stoves a positive experience.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently received my revised service manual. I have found it to be very usefull. Although I have never had the old manual, I can see where Todd has taken the time to add important notes to the original. Todd, I will be forwarding some edits to you. Your manual does request that if found that we should submit them to you so that you can make corrections to future manuals. Nothing major, just a few typos.

thanks again for all of your efforts.

Frank
    Western Springs, IL
    Owner of a 90C from Iowa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I have a question. I have a copy of the "C" service manual that I got from TOAC before I knew I could get one from this site. Frankly the thing scares the begeezuz out of me. I might as well be looking at plans for building a nuclear reactor.
    Is the version offered here more user friendly for the guy with minimal mechanical skills? Is it easier to understand, or should I just leave tinkering with the stove to the professionals? By the way, I've purchased the kitchen sized Idle Hour and Laminated Oven Chart from Todd. Terrific Job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast