Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Still rambling, ran accross this photo of an Original type system installed in a Model B. This "kit" was installed by some dude in New York. Doesn't look too neat to me. He's got the Robertshaw 1720-007 on it's side, so that you can't get to the "Red Button" very easily. It should be mounted with the red button up for ease of use. It's still a good photo to look at to understad what I'm talking about. The photo is looking into the serviceman's cabinet bottom with the shelf removed.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/74393054@N00/85417727/"][img]http://static.flickr.com/40/85417727_e7771b764f.jpg[/img][/url]

lowracer

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 09, 2006 10:55 PM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sam,
    Not too much of a "tech" gal, leave that for dear 'ol huby, but the pics, charts and diagrams are working for me.

Keep them coming!!!

Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are better choices. This Safety has a 15" Thermocouple (too short to reach the pilot) and the the capillary end is not a good fit in the type of pilot that we should use. Great that you are looking for safeties, but this one is ahead of my ramblings. As soon as I finish covering the Original Chambers System, I will move on to other parts that might be a different choice. Please bear with me, as this is a work in progress.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm fascinated, and don't want to interrupt you Stoveman, but could you please point out any specific differences in parts required when using LP vs. natural gas? I know you haven't gotten to this point yet, but the one stove techie I talked to told me the pilots would be different. I don't want to goof and get the wrong set up in my haste.

Thank you for this thread! It's been really helpful in helping me visualize the changes required. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jenn,
    Yes, some pilots are LP (propane), some are Natural gas and some are Universal because the manufacter includes two orifices with their pilot. An LP and a Nat. When you install your new pilot, you install the correct orifice in it for your type of gas. I will start on the Original Pilot (universal) subject next time I get on the board. Was going to do it tonight, but I had to go check the Lighthouse.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sam, do you think you could find the time to put this information in a single document that I could post on the [url="http://www.chambersvirtualconvention.com"]http://www.chambersvirtualconvention.com[/url] site?

All of this valuable information will roll off the board in a few months and it would be very worth preserving (also so you don't have to answer this post AGAIN next year!!)

If you'd do that, feel free to sign the article, and put your contact info in there if you have a service or parts to offer to help with the project.

Again, I would really like to preserve some of this terrific information for future Chambers folks...

tura.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Tura, Yes, I plan on working all this rambling into a nice document to share. Just got a case of not enough time right now. I've got lots to add when I can get to it again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very cool that you are willing to share.
    I'm also hanging on every bit of info you have so far. New owner that has all of this to look forward to. Really, I am : )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also just wanted to say thanks to Sam for taking the time to put this together.

Cindy