Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is another roaster on Ebay listed erroneously labelled 'List'. It is 16 1/2" x 11", robin's egg blue, 'buy it now' for $15.00. Listing #6233701769.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's yet another robin's egg blue roaster, but it's missing the middle rack.. too bad. I've looked at these for a while now, and I'm surprised how many of the light blue ones have shown up recently! I actually hadn't come across one until Ha-asfan mentioned them.

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Having never roasted a turkey, can someone explain why there is a middle rack in these roasters, and why it has no holes in it?

I've seen other roasters with insert racks, but they seem to have holes to let any liquid drain through. Other roasters have no insert at all.

what gives?

I can't believe I'm still looking at these! I did cook two HUGE (27 and 17 lb.) heirloom-type pumpkins a couple days ago. After wrestling those babies into Polish pottery baking dishes, a roaster is looking better and better. Not to replace the pottery, mind you, just to augment it. I love my pottery too much, plus I carried it all the way home from Poland in a backpack!

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The LISK roaster was patented for several reasons:

1. The concave "self-basting" lid condensed vapors from the cooking food and redistributed them over it, so as to eliminate all basting.

2. The adjustable vents - for fine tuning browning of the food being cooked.

3. The upward bumps in the roaster bottom - these prevent the inner tray from sitting flat, thereby eliminating burning or scorching on the bottom of the item cooked.

4. The inner tray, which serves as a buffer to the oven heat (less burning) and makes transport in & out of the roaster easier.

These are magnificent roasters - simply unbeatable!

Oh, and, by the way, the largest - 20"+ roaster WILL fit in the CHAMBERS Oven - remove all of the racks and set it at an angle on the Oven Floor - NO PROBLEMS! Cooks PERFECTLY!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering if the tray was for the anti-scorch effect, but I didn't realize the tray actually touched the bottom. Nice design. I was already intrigued by the self-basting design.

Now, is there a difference in performance between the roasters with one vent (that the Chambers versions came with) or the two vent models?

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Along with heirloom pumpkins, what other non-meat foods might one who doesn't cook much flesh use one of these fab. roasters for?
    I need some pretty tasty reasons to make that much room in one of my cupboards.
    Ann

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I need more reasons, too, Ann! Ha-Asfan suggested stuffed cabbage once.

Come on Lisk people, push us nontraditional cooks over the edge!!! Well, maybe not literally...

-jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

They're really great for cooking pumpkins for pies and bread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Have you ever seen or used an AGA Range ? They have three ovens, a hot, a medium and a warming...you cook almost everything in the ovens moving from one to another depending on temp needed and you can do the same with your Chambers, using the oven as your primary cooker...so, with your Lisk roaster, you could make a big batch of soup, a big batch of chili, a lot of roast vegetables, the stuffed cabbage would sure work, a huge amount of rice, a large quanity of anything for a party...oatmeal for the neighborhood, you could use it for custards or puddings, for the water bath....it would be a heck of a paella pot. lobster roaster, gumbo pot, goulash vessel, sloppy joe holder, sloppy tofu holder, anything ala king for an army, pretty perfect for a ham, I think....a big batch of baked apples or baked pears...over cook either for a sauce, great for a lentil soup...use like a giant Thermowell cooker in your giant oven...off the top of my head, that's what I can think of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gosh, sounds like we all need one in every size!
    Ann

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast