Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As part of the taking-apart/cleaning process, i detatched the oven thermostat and pulled the diastat out of the oven.

The diastat looks pretty crusty though, can it be safely cleaned? I seem to recall that they are fragile.

Also, can it be detached from the thermostat? or is there some magical connection that can't be broken?

-tmk

Inactive Member lowracer's sockpuppet's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think by "diastat" you are referring to the capillary tube that extends from the thermostat to the inside of the oven?

(According to the manufacturer, Diastat is a brand name for an anti-siezure medication.)

Anyway, I cleaned the capillary tube from stem to stern using some ordinary dry steel wool. The tube on my Wilcolator model thermostat was made of copper. It shined up quickly and easily. I believe it is filled with mercury so I did not take mine apart.

BTW I cannot log in to my normal account for some reason, the hostboard system mails me a password that will not work. So now I have two accounts!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So glad that you explained what a diastat is .....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Diastat is a tube filled with a special oil. If you break it, the oil will escape and it will have to be replaced. If you bend it sharply, it will collapse and the oil can't expand from the oven end to the bellows in the thermostat. It can be removed from the thermostat, but why run the chance of damaging it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: cleaning the diastat?

I assume you're going to steam the seats with a steamer.
    I also sometimes add cleaning agent to commercial steam cleaners https://www.fortador-usa.com/blog/commercial-steam-cleaners and then the result is great. Since the steam cleaner works under pressure and has a high temperature, it effectively fights mold and mites that can live in the upholstery of the car.

Junior Hostboard Member Inavelis's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am currently working in a multi-room studio. We shoot almost any kind of content. From adult films to children's productions. Often the customer specifies the use of confetti to attract attention. Because of the nature of the studio, there is a lot of small rubbish left over after almost every shoot. It cannot accumulate in any way. The tight schedule does not allow for it. You know, if I was really worried about cleaning up. Since it's not my kind of process, whatever. Yeah, but it turns out it's not that simple. Administrators make one actress clean up, and she's the only person I'm honest with here. I need to think of something, I want to help her or she might quit if she has to vacuum the place by hand before every shoot, because our director saves on a full-time cleaner.

Junior Hostboard Member Rawiendi's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hello

Junior Hostboard Member Rawiendi's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello, it seems to me that if you do not need to use a cleaning company, you can use an effective tool for kids cleaning home steam cleaner. Steam cleaner is very maneuverable and is ideal for disinfecting bathrooms and kitchens, as well as for freshening and removing odors from upholstered furniture and clothes. Versatile device, a helper for every housewife

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The Diastat is a fast-acting oral medication that can be used to control the severe, constant, and uncontrollable muscle contractions that can occur during a seizure. It is also used to stop or prevent the hiccups. Diastat comes in two forms: as a liquid, which is taken by mouth, and as a tablet, which is taken by mouth or dissolved under the tongue. The liquid form is more quickly absorbed and works faster than the tablet form. Diastat is used to control the severe, constant, and uncontrollable muscle contractions that can occur during a seizure. It is also used to stop or prevent the hiccups. Diastat comes in two forms: as a liquid, which is taken by mouth, and as a tablet, which is taken by mouth or dissolved under the tongue. The liquid form is more quickly absorbed and works faster than the tablet form.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have good idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast