Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello again, is Todd away? I'm trying to order the manuals from him. Is this the wrong place to ask him about them?
    I spent Sunday cleaning my stove. She looks great. I got the thermobaker when I bought her and I've bought some pots on ebay. I'm calling her Buttercup. We're still wrestling with the decision to try to make her fit now or wait for a brand new kitchen. I've bookmarked ha_asfan's kitchen ideas to show my husband(he really thinks he's a saint now that he's caught me talking to Buttercup)
    I love to cook and can't wait to start using her. I find myself making up Chambers menus in my head. Soup or steamed pudding in the Thermowell, chicken or pot roast in the oven. I'm hoping to get the manuals soon. Pastagirl

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'll love that Thermowell ! Today I made lentils on the stovetop, usually I make them in the Thermowell, 5 minutes gas and thirty minutes no gas. The stovetop experiment was a mess. It was thirty minutes of gas on and constantly adding more stock. I learned my lesson. As per kitchen design...I know a lot of people will disagree BUT...please do not use stone, porcelian or ceramic on your floor. The cold hard surfaces are perfect unforgiving and will not make standing and cooking any easier. Wood, genuine linoleum [not vinyl] and cork are your best kitchen floor surfaces. And pull out shelves behind doors are a space waster and clumsy to use, instead, just install deep drawers in your base cabinets.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Todd,
    Sorry to hear about your mom. I will say a prayer for her and your family. Don't worry about replying to me. Family first.
    pastagirl

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hi Pastagirl!

ALready have - your order goes out in the morning (along with many others).

Mom & I are going to a special cancer doctor tomorrow at 2 pm - they're telling us they want to put her on a medicine that is really old, expensive, and has serious side effects. It's also slow. We're going to try to get them to do something more modern and quick.

Thanks for the prayers...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Hi Pastagirl!

No, I'm here - but barely. Mom's not doing well at all - the cancer is getting worse. We went to the oncologist Monday, and we're supposed to see another one that deals with gynecological cancer today or tomorrow.

I'm filling orders for literature today while I wait on the doctor to call and take care of her (she can barely walk right now).

Got your e-mail and will respond momentarily.

I appreciate everyone's prayers and understanding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers too, Todd. Hope there's something modern and quick that they can consider for her! Sounds awful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pastagirl,

I just love the name Buttercup!!
    We had to do a total kitchen remodel for Big Bertha to fit. We relocated a water heater and kept going! It was well worth it!! We did go with tile floor and we love it. Asfan is correct it's unforgiving and a very hard surface to stand for long periods of time. Especially if you have lower back problems!!
    Here's [url="http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/259218814eAzvEX"]Big Bertha's[/url] story.

Asfan,
    Lentils?? Dried or frozen?? Please tell us more!!
    I'm more of a lima bean & ham hock gal, but want to know more about those lentils!! Wish we had colder weather down here to really enjoy those "winter" soups and stews.

Todd,
    We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!!

Berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Berlyn, I used dried red lentils to make Lentil Burgers. Really easy. Just cookup your lentils in a nice stock, add your spices, refrigerate for an hour or so then form into patties and cookup in a skillet. Usually I serve them with Greek Yogurt as a topping on top of a Ceasar Salad. It was a huge mistake not to use the Thermmowell for the lentils. It seemed I was adding more stock to the lentils every few minutes whereas with the T'well, it would have been the original liquid and nothing more. Also, did up a batch of red beans in the T'well and those were more delicious than usual plus, they cooked on only 20 minutes of gas and then two hours standing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for welcoming me! I feel that I know some of you already by reading the posts. I really enjoy the recipes and have been saving them for future use. I love lentils. I usually use them in a pilaf with rice.
    My husband and I are negotiating with each other on the design of our kitchen. We will probably use cork for the floor as I have bad knees. I want a walk in pantry with a marble shelf or counter for baking.
    Of course, my stove will have the place of honor.
    Pastagirl