Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Amazing, isn't it?!

I never cease to be amazed at how WELL these critters cook! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha,

That's a beautiful looking bird. Isn't it amazing! Just love the way the turkey comes out.

Well, we are now officially done with all the leftoevers. Made a big pot of cream of turkey soup today and turkey tetrazini. The kids love the tetrazini (sp). Gave all my four legged members of the family some leftover meat from the legs that I used for the soup. They're all very happy.

Now I have to start planning the Christmas menu.

Treatmaker

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

For Christmas, try the Menu's of the Month recipe for [b][i]ROAST SUCKLING PIG![/b][/i]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha,

Thanks for all the recipes, I went to Houston for the Turkey meal. I now have my free turkey to CWTGTO so greatly appreciate your timing, for the lisk roaster picture and hints too...will be first time for mine...v

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I followed the instructions, into a pre-heated 500 degree oven for 45 minutes, no lid. At the 45 minute mark, with vents closed, covered the roaster and turned off the gas. Five hours later, a half hour before eating, I pulled the bird out of the oven. Within a few minutes, everyone was picking at the wings exclaiming "it's falling off the bone"...and, it was. This was, without question, the most incredible turkey I've ever cooked. The greatest thing, just as the advertising literature suggests, HOURS before dinner, I had nothing to do! Everything was either in the oven or the Thermowell, slow cooking away and we had sveral absolutely free and clear hours to enjoy the gorgeous weather and walk in the woods.
    [IMG][url="http://imageshack.us"][img]http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/252/goodturkgf5.jpg[/img][/url][/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just had to chime in. We cooked our turkey according to The Recipe on Friday. Somehow we ended up with two birds. The one I cooked in the Chambers was a fresh, free range bird from an Amish farm. They smoked it for us as well. I used The Recipe, including the Tobasco sauce and it was the best turkey I'd ever cooked. We are ordering one for Christmas. This time the bird cooked according to The Recipe will be the star attraction.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But the Tobasco sauce is for the Cajun friendly, right,? for those with timid tongues ???...v