Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, that's the one.
    My brother and I picked it up today in his '53 Ford F-100 around noon today. Wish I had taken a pic of it back there. It's something you don't see every day.
    When we got it to my bungalow, I disconnected my model A and pivoted it out from under the vent hood. Somehow the two of us hefted it onto the porch and into place in the kitchen without hurting us or the Chambers.
    After hooking up the gas line, and checking for leaks, I put all the burners back in and lit the ones that would work. They were still properly adjusted. Some of the orifices were full of rust powder, but they worked fine after blowing them out. Apparently at some point, somebody doused everything with WD-40 or kerosene, so it all started smoking profusely, stinking up the whole house. I'd have been in deep trouble if I were married.
    The pilot valve was turned off firmly, so I opened it and adjusted the pilot light, and installed the only complete flash tube that came with it. At least the front right burner works without manually lighting it. If I can find two more, all of them will work properly.
    Apparently this is not a model A after all. It's a 7141-7, it seems to be older than my model A, but at this point, I'm not concerned. Just glad to have it. It almost matches my yellow 1955 Leonard refrigerator. I'm also grateful, that noone got hurt, or pulled anything. That we know of so far. I'll know for sure in the morning.
    This was the easy part. Next I'm going to have to find some burly individuals to pack the model A, upstairs into the garage apartment, and replace the teeny Acorn apt-size range that has been up there since 1933.
    Now... what am I going to do with the Acorn?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm about to buy a pastel yellow model A.
    I'm kicking myself for not buying it yesterday, for $200. Hopefully It will be unsold when I call again today. I'm pacing the floors, waiting for a respectible hour to ring them on a saturday.
    I've never seen one like this before though. The pantry door is a fixed panel, and the thermostat knob mounts to it right where the pantry handle would be on my other model A.
    The thermostat shaft is a three piece arrangement. the two shafts are connected to one another with a cable drive, which transfers the rotation 90 degrees.
    The burners have six daisies instead of four, just like the Imperial burners and drip rings.
    It also has an oval flue connection on the back, where the oven vent is.
    The griddle is not a cast alloy, but plated steel, and the broiler pan underneath is splattered enamel like the inside of the oven.
    Has anyone seen this type before?
    Are the parts for this, especially the cable, hard to locate?
    thanks in advance.
    -kevin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this the one you are talking about? He's been trying to sell this for several weeks, so it should still be available. I have never seen one like this before. Anyone else?

[img]http://d.im.craigslist.org/jR/rt/AVvADlhHR8bVHrpm9yP41udOiVXF.jpg[/img][img]http://d.im.craigslist.org/zM/3T/LqjiSb4NQhVlLrK12h5kMETFAhnV.jpg[/img]

Lori G.

Join the new Chambers Rangers. [url="http://chambersrangers.proboards74.com/index.cgi"]Chambers Rangers Hostboard[/url]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHEW!

Getting three friends that still have good backs to get together all at the same time is like herding cats. Especially when it's to help heft a chambers up a flight of stairs. Plus, most of my friends aren't very patient, especially under a heavy load. I had visions of more bashed cloisonne thumblatches, and shattered porcelian. Not to mention herniated disks and pulled muscles.

Nothing was going to stop me from getting it into the upstairs apartment, so I had to get creative. Harbor frieght had some caster type dollies on sale for 15 bucks. Some 2x4's on top of that raised her little art deco legs agout 1 inch off of the floor.

I used four 2x12x8 planks as ramps to get out the back door. We leap frogged the planks to get across the back yard and up the stairs. The towbar bracket for my '63 midget spanned the window frame at the top of the stairs, and provided a sturdy attachement point for the cable pullers. Nylon slings provided a gentle cradle to hook to. Inch by inch she crept up the stairs, pulled by two cable pullers just in case one malfunctioned.
    Once onto the landing, we had to make a u-turn to get into the living room. The dolly worked great for that. I almost needed to grease two doorframes to get her through.

Now she's shoehorned between the water heater and refrigerator. If the fridge were a half inch wider, the kitchen door wouldn't open 100 percent.

I'm so happy it's all over, and the only mishap was a smashed pinky. But it's okay, the black mark on my fingernail will grow out, but glass doorknobs don't grow back on their' own.

Miguel, my tenant is thrilled that he no longer has to come down to the house to use my Chambers.
    Life is good!