Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have a Chicken Pot Pie recipe to share ? I'm looking fora recipe with LOTS of gravy in the pie. RIght now, I'm leaning towards Ina Garten's recipe, she roasts bone-in breasts, skins and bones then throws in the meat. In the past, I've always used leftover soup chicken for pot pies...any thoughts ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha,

Your making me hungry. I love chicken pot pie and right now the weather is perfect for it. Do you do top and bottom crust? I'm going to look up Ina's recipe and see how mine is diff/same. I'll let you know. Be patient with me, all my recipes are packed away because of the remodel.

Treatmaker

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha_asfan,

The little wifey made a couple of beef pot pies the other day with left over stew. We made the top and bottom crusts and baked for about 30 minutes with the gas off... She used cornstarch to make the stew thicker... Tasty....

Gasseous

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I make chicken pot pie the way my Bubbe (May her memory be a blessing!)did it. I use four cups of two day old chicken soup which I bring back to the boil and quickly sir in 1/4 cup of Wondra that I have disolved in 1 cup of cold water. I bring it back to the boil and stir until thick. I taste and adjust seasoning and then pour into a crust and bake at 375 for 45 mins. until golden. It makes a terrific pie with all of the great flavors of dill, parsnip, and garlic from the soup!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gosh, if it would only get colder here in South Texas. I'll be search for these recipes come January. It did get down to 45 for 2 whole nights in a row. We got to fire up the chiminia!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a top and bottom crust man. I just got some vintage pyrex small pie dishes and am eager to use them. Ina uses boullion cubes, I don't care for that...I did make a great General Tso Chicken the other night...had the neighbors panting ! Later in the week I'll make my winter favorite, Ma Po Tofu. That with Szechuan Hot and Sour Soup is a real meal for cold weather.