Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where I can get a rebuilt thermostat? I live in Chicago and am having difficulty finding anyone that will provide one for less that the cost of a new stove. If you need pictures of the thermostat, I have some.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Williamtell:

I am in Chicago and have used working thermostats. The problem with the high cost that you may be encountering is that it costs about 350 bucks to have them rebuilt, so if you don't mind the hastle, if you are able to buy a used stove with a working t-stat for around that price, you can grab the t-stat and sell off the rest of the stove.

The Uncertain Stoveman on this site has in the past offered to rebuild t-stats for discussion board members for a very good price. I'm not sure if the offer still stands, but you should look him up.

Otherwise, look up my profile here and email me (I'll do the same), and perhaps I can help you with your problem.

Regards,

Joe P.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Go through Sam - he sends them to a dealer-only service company in Ft. Worth that is the BEST at rebuilding them, but he doesn't charge you an arm and a leg like other places do for merely handling the paperwork.