Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that lowracer's search instructions should go on a stickie along with the recently added "how to post a photo".

This is the way to reduce the really basic questions everyone needs anwers to when they first join this board.

I see I am now a senior member (that's scary) is that because I talk a lot or 'cause I have more that one stove?

To Joe Pieweed - I heard Native American Elder Will RockingBear speak a couple of Sundays ago and he said that Struggle was what the last Age was about - "so, if you have friends who are still struggling, tell them they are out of fashion".

I am voting for the fun way to progress!!! But, thank you for your compassion!

Phoebe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Lowracer for the Google search lesson, including all the examples) I used it to search for diastat tube and OF COURSE it worked....v

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oops, You are correct, it is Lighthouse. I just used Lowracer's search instructions for Lighthouse:

Uncertain Stoveman Lighthouse site:[url]www.hostboard.com[/url]

This is the result I got:

[url="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/7954/t/396"]http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/7954/t/396[/url]

Thanks Lowracer. The google search works perfectly. Now that I know how to fish, I need to restore my stove, so that I can cook.

Although, I've been to both a Lighthouse and a Lantern and they both serve cold beer.

Frank
    White 90C in need of overhaul.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mud Wrestling July 1st. with your Barmaid of choice!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I haven't been posting much lately because I've been caring for my mom, who is battling cancer.

And, I've been pretty sick myself all week.

Makes it hard to get anything done...ya know?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey I'm coming in late on this one.
    Here's my thoughts;
    Phoebe, I guess the torch has been pasted, congrats!!
    Mark, got an idea for you! You are the #1 computer savy perfectionist, know how guy on a mission--aka idiolized by most of us. Get a CD together with all your info and sell on Ebay/Internet. Sam/Todd could partner with you and include service manuals. I get a fee for the idea.

I still come on the board and peak around, but I did none of the "techie/mechanical" things on our stove. That was hubbies dept. I was on E-bay getting my pots and any replacement items I would need. Back when they were dirt cheap!! I'm shocked at what they go for!! I was searching the internet for reporcelian prices and "out services" we would need. So, I just can't answer lots of questions.
    There were about a handful of us on here when I joined. We learned by researching, asking, pleading and sometimes begging for advice. We all come from different parts of the country and have access to different things. We learned to improvise & share. So some of us being on the board for so long we just get tired of answering the same ol questions over and over again. Work for it like we did and have fun with the process. It will make you appreciate and respect how they built them many a years ago!!
    One tip I learned not being a tech person, is I write the tip or trick in my service manual. Hubby works in the Gulf and is gone 2 weeks every month. I've learned to be a 'tech' with Big Bertha. I have the broiler down to an Alton Brown science project!! That's is my fav!!

Just remember, being a Chambers owner it's always a learning experience and enjoy it. It will reward you down the line with an ease of cooking WTGO. I still own only one.

This is what's kept me busy and offline when I'm not cooking with Big Bertha..........[url="http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=549738461"]present project[/url]

I'm still here,
    berlyn

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 15, 2006 10:37 PM: Message edited by: berlyn ]</font>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234