Thread: How close did you get your Chambers to the wall?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,

I have a BZ Model and am wondering with the manifold sticking out the back - connecting the LP line to it, how close did you get your stove to the wall?

The gas man but a big hunker of an elbow on my manifold and then a long pipe that goes down to the floor. That is where I connect the gas line. It bumps into the molding, so I lose an inch there. We can shorten the pipe and gain an inch. I just wondered how you all connected yours in the back. Perhaps I could notch the wall and push the connection into the wall and gain more room?

Is there such a thing as a flexible connector?

Any ideas?
    ~~~Joslyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have my model C flush to the wall, as it is supposed to be according to the manual and cookbook. I used a flexible gas connector to make it work. These are standard parts; any decent plumber will have what you need. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure what type elbow you have now, but you may be able to replace it with a fitting called a ''street elbow''. A street elbow has female threads on one end, and male treads on the other. This will give you a little more clearance to get closer to the wall.