Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am wondering where you guys buy your irish oatmeal. I read the recipee, want to try it, can't find the oatmeal. Any suggestions? Pretty girl comes in this weekend and I really want to try London Broil on the Grillenator. ham-bean soup in the thermowell and oatmeal the next day for breakfast. Got my first meal planned! It's 100+ outside and I am cooking a nice winter meal!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

McCann's steel cut Irish Oatmeal comes in a 16 0z. box for 2-3 dollars. It also comes in a tin for a LOT more. It should be close to the other oatmeals, It also comes in instant form I don't buy that. I get it at HEB our grocery chain, ask the grocer...v

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks alot! I'm going out today and will search!

tux_sf

You might try a natural foods store that carries bulk grains, flours & such. I get mine from a local place here in San Francisco for something like 47 cents a pound (go figure, the organic one is cheaper than the non!). They also have some imported from Ireland at the same place--which may very well be McCanns in bulk--but it is so much more I've never bought it (I think it runs something like $1.50-2.00 a pound). The stuff I get tastes great. It really does work on the cholesterol levels too, which is a bonus. Since we got our B I've been making it almost every weekday & haven't tired of it yet.

--Danny