Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Copper "C", Beauty came with a flat griddle, while Bluebird came with a divider (also a "C"). Go figure. By the by, I took a rubber mallet to one of my griddles which was warped and it was immediate gratification - voila! flat griddle!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So Phoebe - you used the rubber mallet on the divided griddle, and now it is one level surface?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nah! I think she means that she was unable to "unwarp" it! Hehehe Seems like she had a lot of fun whacking the heck out of it!

Belinda, I'm sorry it's taking me so long to finish your griddle. Life has, once again, interjected itself! I hope to have it done for you soon... most likely next week. Hopefully you don't mind using mine [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Things are a little slow here on the board, and I thought maybe I could stir up some enthusiasm. So, I had a great day cooking w/ Opal today and decided to share.

The morning started with some fabulous pancakes on the griddle. And yes, I confess I used Michelle's loaner, and I love it. I wish my own griddle was not divided. Anyone know if the Model C's came with a flat griddle (vs the divided one on both my B's)?

For dinner, I barely raised a finger, cooking with the gas off. Anyone tried pecan rice? It is a whole grain, and cooks up so fluffy in the thermowell.

Oh yeah, and the really cool thing that happened today? My sister-in-law called me crowing about a Chambers stove she found in a local antique mall. Sounds like it is a Model B, probably 15B. I have not seen it, but she said it was super clean, and it included a Thermobaker. They had the unit marked $695, but at my urging, she offered them $500 and they accepted. Only problem - my brother is not a happy camper. As for me - I can't wait to see the new guy! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, just to put in my own 2 cents about the model C griddles...

My three Model Cs are from the early 50s, and all three have the divided griddles. It seems that the undivided griddle may be a feature of later model stoves.

-Jenn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My copper C came with a flat griddle also.

Lori G.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I was just trying to normalize my griddle - not remake it! I whacked it with the mallet while bracing it with various parts of a wooden block and a sawhorse. I whacked and giggled several times and then giggled some more as I realized that the neighbors could hear but not see me...I love it when I get the guts to do something I thought might be hard (or maybe not so smart) and it works out so well. Very satisfying!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chambers' Magic!

Chambers' Magic captivates audiences with mesmerizing illusions and enchanting performances that transport spectators to a realm of wonder. From mind-bending tricks to awe-inspiring sleight of hand, Chambers' Magic is a testament to the artistry of magician Katrina. To witness the magic unfold, visit [url=https://magicalkatrina.com/]Magical Katrina Award Winning Female Magician Los Angeles Magician[/url] and embark on a journey where the impossible becomes reality, leaving audiences spellbound by the sheer brilliance of Chambers' magical prowess.