Thread: Sources for re-porcelain 14-B stove top??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a 14-B Chambers with the black stove top. It is in pretty bad shape, scratched and oxydized and am wondering if anyone has had their top re-porcelain or other parts??? Who did you use, would you recommend them again and what was the cost and are you happy with the results??? I inherited this stove from the original owner and really like the black top. I mostly see the models with the chrome top.
    I need to make a decision here before we move the stove inside, I want to do what restoration it needs ASAP, cause I want to use it!!
    Thanaks berlyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Berlyn.
    I've had parts on an O'Keefe and Merritt redone in the past (pre Chambers). I found a local shop that does that sort of thing. It was a while ago so I don't remember the cost, but I thought it was reasonable. The parts looked so much nicer after restoration! I plan to do the same with my Chambers. You should be able to find someone near you to perform this work. Good luck!
    Gwen
    San Diego

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Finding people to redo the porcelain isn't easy - they're getting harder to find.

Check with Brian Batchley at the [url="http://antiquestoveshop.com/"]Antique Stove Shop[/url] in Ventura - he knows where to get it done right.

Tell him I sent you.