Thread: Need Help with my Chambers Stove!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, my husband and I just bought a Chambers stove that we have been looking at for over a year. We got the person who owned it to come down by half and we grabbed it. When we got it home, we realized it was going to need a lot of work, but I absolutely love it, and want to see it completely restored. The back is completely rusted out, and I will have to have a couple of panels re-enameled, and the handles re-chromed. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what model this is because I can't find one just like it online to match it up with. It has salt and pepper shakers that fit into slots in the top part, and the legs of the stove are skyscraper deco. The stove is a pale yellow with black accents. It resembles a model B in many ways, but isn't exactly alike. Where can I find more info on my stove, and does anyone have any insights on where to start with the huge restoration? I live in mid-Kansas, and I'm afraid there isn't going to be anyone in my area that can re-enamel or chrome. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Pam,
    Congratulations on the new/old stove. Your model is a good mystery, but I would like to buy a vowel! Can you tell us more about the stove, like, How many burners, does it have a clock/timer, does it have a light, do the handles turn like the hands on a clock or do they pull in and out? Sounds like a model 12, 14, or 15 manufactured between 1936 and 1939, but still not enough info for complete identification.
    On the restoration, Safety is first on the list. Don't just hook up to gas and start cookin'. Check for gas leaks, that grease in the valves is 80 years old, sure to leak sooner or later. Clean all those burners and adjust gas/air mixture so that you don't carbon dioxide yourself into the big sleep. I would get that old lady cleaned up and cooking before I started applying the Max Factor makeup.
    When you are ready for chrome, go to the local beer joint and find a Harley Hog rider, They will know where to get chrome done right.
    Good luck and Happy Cooking with the Gas Off!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My stove has three burners, plus the well cooker and griddle. (I was lucky that all of the pots and extras were still with the stove.) It has a back splash with a timer in the center, a salt and pepper holder on each side, and shaped in the skyscraper deco like the legs.

Thanks for the good tips! I never would have thought of the chrome source, but I'll hit the bar asap.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pam,

The best person to contact is Hugh of Hugh's place. His web site is [url="http://www.hughsplace.com."]www.hughsplace.com.[/url]

You have one of the chambers earlier models. The only thing that concerns me about your stove is that the back is rusted out. That can be a big problem. Contact Hugh he's the best around when it comes to Chambers restoration. In fact I'm going to be sending my chambers to him for a complete overhaul.