Thread: Welcome!!

taheckler

Hello, thanks for dropping by. I have started this HostBoard topic for all of us who love and collect vintage Wear-Ever cookware. For those not familiar with Wear-Ever's history, they've been making cookware for over 100 years. This site will be devoted to the Wear-Ever pieces made pre-1960.

Personally, I've only just started my collection. I have found absolutely no help on the Internet to help me identify and age my pieces. I'm hoping to put that website together soon, using old catalogs I've picked up here and there. So far, my oldest catalog is dated 1916. My goal is to put a grid together showing the year each piece was added to the Wear-Ever line. That's coming up soon!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just stumble over here because the chamber site wouldn't respond. good for you to start a new board. i'm afraid i've erroneously thrown away some of the old pots and pans i have had over the years. but will be on the lookout.

taheckler

Well, hello!! It's nice to "see" a familiar face! I love the Wear-Ever stuff. They were way ahead of their time too. I'm going to also be putting a website together with scans of their early catalogs to help people ID their pots and try to age them, at least by era. Wear-Ever made it easy by stamping the item# on the back with the Wear-Ever logo so with the help of these old catalogs, oughta get close...

Sorry to hear you tossed your old pots. Makes you wonder how many Chambers accessories are being tossed because people don't know what they are! :-)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 15, 2005 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Tura Heckler ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Welcome!!

Hello, I have found what looks to be old, a wear ever salesman case that he might have used to carry cookware from door to door. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these old carring cases?
    Thanks, Steve

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Welcome!!

I cam across an old satchel containing a 4 piece wear-ever set of what looks like campfire aluminum pots and pans. I thought it was a canteen at first. Anyway it looks super old and is there anybody here who can help me find some good info on this stuff? If so email me at [email protected]. The aluminum piece #'rs in the set are... #234 #893 #168 & #888. Does anyone know how old they are? Are they military issued?

thanks
    Shane