Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The title says it all LOL. I have these days where all I wanna do is talk about horses. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved horses.Does anybody on here own any horses? My grandpa has a farm with wild quarthorses on it. Maybe I could inherit it!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well if you do, be sure to invite me over. [img]wink.gif[/img] lol

Inactive Member llama_dreamdancer_5's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, but I wish I did! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My dad wants some land, about 200 acres. And he doesn't want it to be outrageously priced. He said that a good price for 200 acres would be about $200,000.00 but then again. My grandpa's farm is 217 acres and we wouldn't have to pay. Well, I get to see him today now.

I was crying last night because I wanted a horse soooo bad. But I doubt thats gonna happen until I move out. And that will be awhile! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The next best thing besides owning a horse would be leasing one. (which i'm doing) For our family owning a horse is out of the question lol....to bad though [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmm. leasing. not a bad idea. Do you keep it at your own place or the leasing place?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is at a stable! ( haha no room at my house) Its great becuase I am the only one riding the horse and I am the one responsible for it.

megaagfan1

Cool!! My little sister Emily wants a horse soooo bad!! She's wanted one ever since she's know what they were!! So at age 2, & she's now 11. She's saving up her money to buy a horse!!

Yeah! If you inhearate it, be sure to invite us over!! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your sister has a good idea! maybe i should do that. That means she has been saving for 8 years! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AS my dad says though (not to discourage anynone) it's not the intial coast of the horse, but the care that comes afterwards. Here are some things to consider board or land......do you have the land for the horse, the proper fencing? If you don't you will need to board, and it will cost anywhere between 200 and over 1,000 PER MONTH! Also yearly vet visits.....which cost about 50.00....or over. Shoeing every 4-6 weeks which will cost 50.00 per time. Also where will you ride in the winter? DO you have an indoor arena? Do you have a saddle,bridle,blanket,halter,lead rope?? What about a teacher who can give you lessons? (believe me,if you just sart riding to be safe you NEED lessons) Most hour lessons will cost 30.00. DO you plan to show? Again horse trailer and proper dress. (you can't go to a english show in jeans and a shirt) A helmet and boots. All grooming supplies,curry,hard brush,soft brush,foot pick,face curry And YES YOU NEED ALL OF THESE! Boots and a Helmet. Feed,treats I mean the list goes on and on. Many people believe well the horse only costs like 1,3000 dollars! Thats not bad. As you can see thpough there are MANY MANY other costs and responsibilities that comes with owning a horse. (Hope I didn't come off rude or bossy, but I just wanted to let you know what the costs are like) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast