Hello and I'm so glad to find you. I was wondering if you could give me some advice here. My daughter has been begging for a baby doll for Christmas. I've decided that she is finally old enough for a good one so my goal is to get her a Bitty Baby. Financially this is quite a strain on us. I want her to have outfits to change and play with but with the cost of the doll, there's just no way to add more. I am a fairly good seamstress but I've never held a Bitty before so there's no picture in my mind. Does anyone know which patterns truly fit a Bitty? I called American Girl and they were sooo helpful with measurements but when I compared it to the patterns I have, none of them seemed to be right....usually too small especially at the tummy. Do any of you sew? Do you use the 15"patterns or do you go up a size or two? Is there a pattern you can use without having to alter it?
Another biggie is if anyone has a coupon code it would really help. I'm only ordering the Bitty so my total order is around $50.
Thank you all soooo much!!