Junior Witter has hailed Ricky Hatton for putting British boxing in the spotlight, but has set his sights on toppling the new IBF light-welterweight champion.
Manchester boxer Hatton did what many thought was impossible in the early hours of Sunday, as he pummelled Australian legend Kostya Tszyu into submission at the MEN Arena.

There was no fluke about the result, as Hatton dominated from the first bell and withstood all that Tszyu had to offer before the Australian was retired on his stool, and Witter is looking to take advantage of the new standing British boxing has in the game.

"It was absolutely brilliant for British boxing," Witter told Sky Sports News. "We need world champions, we need a highlight and Ricky Hatton is one fighter who can get that and on that performance he does deserve some of that accolade.

"He has been out there, the Americans have to sit up and take notice. The British light-welterweights are coming to dominate."

Witter has set his sights on Hatton for a number of years, but the rival camps have yet to agree on a fight between two of British boxing's biggest draws.

The Hitter is looking to jump on the bandwagon and claim a world title of his own, before setting a collision course for his bitter rival Hatton.

"I am going to go forward and will win a world title as well and maybe a year down the line me and Ricky can get it on like everybody wants," added Bradford-born fighter Witter.

"It will be at least another 12 months. I will have to go forward and win a world title by the beginning of next year and then looking at the end of next year, it is a possibility."

Witter believes Hatton has to climb into the ring with more top-class fighters before he can be classed as a true champion.

"He needs to beat me to prove he is the best in Britain and that will niggle with him," added Witter.

"Ricky Hatton still hasn't shown me anything that he is a danger to me. I have the style to beat him.

"If he wants to be a true champion he has to face the other champions

^ i go that from Sky Sports, What do you think Guys ??

I think that would be a cracking Fight, and i think Junior Wittter may just would come out on top !