Thread: Now that was a nice welcome home!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was some storm yesterday. I got up at 4:00 am and worked until 11:00 am and decided to get some much needed sleep. Pup and I made ourselves a BLT. By 11:30 am it had started to get dark, very dark. I turned the TV on and the guy said we had a super cell coming our way and the track put the center [where tornadoes form] over my property.

The thing hit at noon. It was like standing next to an F18 taking off. The pup snaked around my feet and whined [reminded me of Anita ;&lt [img]wink.gif[/img] ]. Lots of rain. How much; I don't know. My gauge only goes to 5 in and I wasn't going out to dump it because of the hail. Got an inch or two of hail; looked like a winter wonderland. Then the power went out.

When the storm left, I looked around outside. I think that all of the trees that would blow down had done so in previous storms. I couldn't look around the area because all of the roads were closed by downed trees. Thursday night we had a tornado warning, but I slept through the sirens.

This morning I drove into my office. Starting a half mile south of my house it looked like a war zone. Whole forests flattened. Houses and barns ripped apart. Some trailers were twisted into screw shape and one was standing on its end; mostly in a large oak tree. Fortunately, population density is low here and no one was injured.

This stuff happens from time to time in the Midwest. Got more coming tonight.

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a weird/bad dream.

You had the dog and the tornado and the midwest...I was waiting for you to mention little people and flying monkeys [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z-

I hope you've got a basement.

Cin--

At least the midwest doesn't have killer mudslides and earthquakes, not to mention all those weirdos [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Lars, where is your sense of adventure? [img]wink.gif[/img]

I've always told my kids that a little bit weird/crazy is A-OK

It's the ones that seem normal ya gotta watch out for [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ssssh, don't give me away.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not to worry Lars, you're far from normal.
    heehee
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cin:

I really wanted to use the phrase, " I don't think we are in Kansas anymore", but after the last few weeks a lot of Kansas is here. That explains the little people.

Lars:

Yes, three walls of the first floor are underground. Might call it a bunker. The weather service people came out a week after the storm and announced it wasn't a tornado but straight line gusts. I don't know how they explain a few hundred acres of trees twisted off at the bottom; but I suppose they have their criteria.

Did you notice that the series on Hitler started Sunday and completes on Tuesday? In between is the movie about Martha Stewart. Do you think they are suggesting something? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z