Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enough of the fluff? OK, no fluff here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi unk! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] I figure the libertarians have done so much infighting that they just can't get it together to get many of theirs elected. Freedom and all that.

Z -- "the Bioterrorism Act of 2002 [you probably don't know about that one and its future impact]"

Z, honey, sweetheart, could you expand on that? [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Helen:

I would be happy to tell you more if I could. I am, mostly, amazed by the average poster's knowledge about legislation.

The assumption seems to be that the Congress passes a law and the President signs it; and that is that. Not so. We live in a technically complex society. What happens is the law contains broad outlines and directs members of the executive branch to develop details [the devil is in the details]. These details are published in the Federal Register for public comment [a requirement that can be ignored in the case of an national emergency or war]. I am on list-serves with a lot of agencies. When this stuff becomes publically available, I will be happy to share it with you and share my concerns on the effect it will have on future medical and agricultural developments.

Have fun.

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by FrmlyZ:
    Helen:

I would be happy to tell you more if I could. I am, mostly, amazed by the average poster's knowledge about legislation.

The assumption seems to be that the Congress passes a law and the President signs it; and that is that. Not so. We live in a technically complex society. What happens is the law contains broad outlines and directs members of the executive branch to develop details [the devil is in the details]. These details are published in the Federal Register for public comment [a requirement that can be ignored in the case of an national emergency or war]. I am on list-serves with a lot of agencies. When this stuff becomes publically available, I will be happy to share it with you and share my concerns on the effect it will have on future medical and agricultural developments. And to answer the question: will you be arrested for having a mule.

Have fun.

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another Dupe:

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mule? My mule or my life? [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z,

I see a few of those things the same, however, (however always sounds kinder and gentler than but sounds, more agreeable) I see a few things differently.

I must have missed the largest transfer of wealth since the largest cuts for the rich have yet to take effect. And even when they do take effect I don't mind if a rich guy gets the same tax cut (percentage wise) as a regular Joe Six Pack like me. Rich folks don't deserve to be singled out for excessive taxation in my mind, I am not a class warrior. A guy makes ten billion bucks I guess he aught to be allowed to keep most of it.

And the unemployment rate is not a big jump from what Clinton had, unemployment rates under Reagan reached double digits, but then, he took over a whacked-out economy from Jimmy (shudder) Carter.

Bush Jr was handed an economy already headed south when he took office, plus a highly over-inflated stock market that had really nowhere else to go but down. Think back to Greenspan's warnings under Clinton.

In short, I suppose I tend to lay the blame where it deserves to go, and there's plenty for both sides of the aisle.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 01, 2002 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Uncle Deedah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A lot of issues flying all at once now, and I am very concerned with all this crap in the Middle East. It seems to be outflowing to other areas (East Timor comes to mind) at a fairly rapid pace.

I read the latest National Geographic last night from cover to cover (my s-in-l has a sub.) and it discussed, at length, WMD. It is fair to say that the Russians DO NOT have control of their arsenal of weapons... From small arms to SS-24's, there seems to be items "missing". [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

And if Pakistan and India don't lob nukes at each other within 5 years or so, we should feel lucky.

Regarding this upcoming election, my vote is going to Asmodeus/Baalzebub... Why vote for the "lesser evil"?

Chewin' on the yellow magazine...

The Dog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

So, you think we should be concerned about upsetting the Islamic world? Poor fools. The Islamic world has been upset since about 610AD. They have no desire to co-exist with anyone not of their beliefs. Get it? You should be less concerned about upsetting them and more concerned with how you/we are going to survive them. They don?t want your money or your sympathy. They want you to convert or die. Simple really.

While we are on the subject of survival, let?s talk WATER for a sec. The average human requires an intake of 2.5 litres per day. That?s 241 gallons per year and does not take into consideration cooking, bathing, car washing, lawn watering, crop growing, etc.

Folks that live in Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona are rapidly running out of water. Don?t suppose those 6 million plus ?undocumented immigrants? you have absorbed could have anything to do with that do you?

After all, they only need 1.5 BILLION GALLONS a year just to stay alive.

What the heck, it?s only water.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nevada will require even more water when they pass that pot initiative, thousands of thirsty potheads and hundreds of thousands of thirsty plants growing on the back porch!

I frankly don't give a rat's ass if India and Pakistan nuke each other even further into the stone age, my concern is keeping the ragheads from bringing that shit over here. Bush needs to wise up about the border issue, get off his ass and do something about it. And if that asshole Tom Daschhole blocks the effort he should be labeled a "foriegn combatant" and thrown in the clink! May as well use that crappy loophole for something worthwhile.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Soc:

"So, you think we should be concerned about upsetting the Islamic world? Poor fools. The Islamic world has been upset since about 610AD. They have no desire to co-exist with anyone not of their beliefs."

I find this interesting, since I have never heard from anyone who personally knows all of the people in the Islamic world. Most of the folks I know follow some type of stereotype. Though you claim to know all of the people in the Islamic world, you must have missed the few hundred that I know personally. They wouldn't agree with you. Then I could forgive you for missing a few hundred when you have had to interview more than a billion. Quite a job. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast