Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P.S. It was a good topic Lon. It brought us all out to voice our opinions as only we who are lucky enough to live in democracies can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lon:

"(no one mentions the fact that the US first gave Saddam strains of anthrax)"

Now wait a minute Lon, you are entering my area of expertise. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

You, I assume, are talking about the Ames strain from the USDA laboratory in Ames, Iowa [that is what the press calls it, but there are, in reality, many Ames strains]. When you say that the US provided it; who do you mean in the US? Do you mean that the US [whomever that is, provided a weaponized version and the information to provide more]? You are starting to sound like some wastes of fixed carbon on TB2k.

In reality, these strains have been freely exchanged [for research purposes] around the world.

If you mean something else, please document it or you will be officially sent to TB2k for eternity.

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lon:

A final note: Why would someone have to send anyone Bacillus anthracis. Just go out towards the swamp and dig up a cubic centimeter of soil. You will have your own culture. Of course, if you plate it and grow a culture, you are in violation of the Bioterrorism Act of 2002 and could spend some time in Kansas.

The stuff is everywhere.

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's see now, Kansas or TB2K for eternity.....such hard decisions. Actually, I've been ducking the Feds ever since I found that 2 month old feta cheeze sandwich in my tackle box last July.

Sorry, Z, I was just relying on my memory, but somewhere I read or heard that during the Iraq/Iran conflict the US backed Iraq with war machinery, including weapons grade anthrax. I could certainly be wrong, and will bow humbly to your expertise. Especially in light of the Kansas thing. (To be down-wind of that feed lot just outside Dodge City for eternity..... just shoot me now!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad to see you still have your sense of humour Lon. BTW I reckon a "two month old feta cheeze" s/wich would be nearly as bad as a feedlot anywhere. It'd probably make good berley though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lon:

What Carol said [img]biggrin.gif[/img] The place in Kansas is not near Dodge City. It is a short piece up highway 73 from Kansas City; near the Missouri River. The wind whould blow from Oskaloosa. I think they sent Bob Best there.

I was asking for you source since most of the people who say this pull it off of some place like Rense.com. Was it done when Ronnie was Pres.? They did similar things in other areas. I don't know. Just wondered if anyone could verify this.

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z

What do you think about SARS? Is it likely to be less of a problem after the winter cold season is over?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Helen:

You got me. I just returned from LA. I won't see my 1000 or so email messages until Monday. From what I've seen, there is still no agreement about the causal agent and definitely no demonstration of Koch's postulate. Based on the information presently available it is not easily transmissable or it would be in the exponential phase of spread at its center of origin. Mortality appears to be just a few percent [bad if you are one of those] but not high; because of the difficulty of diagnosis, the mortality rate is probably much lower [keep in mind one can't trust this kind of data from PRC]. We will have to wait and see.

Present dogma is that spread of contagious diseases no longer decreases in the spring and summer; at least in cities. That, of course, is based on the latest theories and could be wrong.

Best Wishes and off to sleep,,,,,,

Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12