Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read about Cornboy having a tattoo a few days back, and the message contained within. Last night, we were watching A Knight's Tale (available at your video store for viewing.)

I highly recommend seeing the movie. It's a comedy, but not one of those stupid comedies. It really tries to put a contemporary "twang" on the 14th century.

Anyway, the Knight in question needed to create an emblem for his shield, and his immediate thought was a Phoenix [symbolic of a new beginning, as well as a new end]...or something like that. So, there I was, watching the movie when Cornboy came to mind. Heh. Of course it didn't hurt that he'd just sent me a picture of himself and I was thinking about how good-looking he was.

Might be a thought for the next tattoo, Cornboy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How come I didn't get a picture? [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't feel left out Pammy! Me neither! Guess we're not on the list-LOL!

Although, I have to say, my curiosity is piqued! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Paper or Plastic:

I just got back into town. I put together some of the information that you requested. I can't send it because you have PM disabled. You can correct that or email me at my address and I will reply. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,

z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey everybody!

P-n-P, I'm lookin' forward to having a lil quiet time so I can sit down and watch Lord of The Rings on the puter, maybe then I can guess who's who?

Recently Iv'e gotten enmeshed in the Babylon 5 series, talk about complicated story lines. I've had to resort to synopsis sites on the net just to understand things that have escaped me while trying to watch it at work.

Over the course of the past year I've been dabbling in making hot sauces, finally I have a winner! So much so that there are people who now want to buy it from moi, Capnfuns' Hot Sauce Co. is born. The 1st sauce is the base for the entire line, it's called Dangerously Sweet-n-Sultry. If it works out right I'll have killer art on the label from a british artist depicting a futuristic, beautiful pirate woman with a pet dragon on her shoulder. It's a wait and see on that one though but it would be graet to be able to use it.

I have a marinade that's derived from the Sweet-n-Sultry sauce called Matlacha Bay (pronounced Mat-la-shay), acouple of chef's around here want to use it in their kitchens, whoda thunk it!?

I have two other sauces to complete the line, for milder appetites I have Capnfuns' Mild Child and for the not so faint of heart I have Capnfuns' Loose Cannon hot sauce.

I'm havin' a ball in the kitchen and the pool too!!!

Time to get the flip flops on and get the hell outa this bitch...pool bound baby : )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Capn, I WANT SOME!!!!

I know you've already been thinking about marketing, but here's an idea: Ebay is a fast and cheap way to expose your product directly to the masses. They can even provide you with an internet store front. Of course, you could do it yourself, but sites like ebay already have the buyers. And the buyers will tell you real fast just how much they are willing to pay, which is always a tough thing to assertain.

Oh, and maybe a little variety pack, about 25 clams, just in time for Christmas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cap:

Way to go!!! Hope to see it in stores and give it a try.

I started a batch last year. Using a family recipe from an ol'guy that I met in Lew-s-e-anna. It is time consuming. You ferment the peppers like you would kraut. Then you clean them up, crush and strain them and age them for a year in an oak barrel. Mine are aging and haven't exploded yet. If it works, I have a lifetime supply. If it doesn't, I can use it as a weed killer.

Been a good year here for warm peppers. Just harvested about 20 pounds on Saturday [edited to point out that wife and pup did this, I twernt here]. It has been humid as hell. You know; get up in the morning with a temperature of 60 degrees and a dew point of 72. Of course, nothing like Lon's place. I member bein in southern LA a number of years back. I dissolved and ran down the drain. I was reconstructed by a mad scientist. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,

Z

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 01, 2002 03:11 PM: Message edited by: FrmlyZ ]</font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 01, 2002 03:12 PM: Message edited by: FrmlyZ ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool capn~! Any of those hot sauces as hot as those wings in Myrtle Beach [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ?

I'd love to try 'em ALL! Hey, I'll send ya my famous BBQ sauce recipe! Guess I know where the next get together will be-around your BBQ, complete with :beer !!!

Good idea on the Christmas package Lon! And, Ebay wouldn't cost ya much, just to get a feel for the market!

That's GREAT news capn! This Bud's fer you!

B

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

In a few weeks I should have all 4 varieties in the bottles and ready, the 1st batch I send out probably won't have the final label/art on it but I'd be happy to send ya some if ya email me and give me the shipping details. I'm still trying to get bulk ingredients so the costs can be more accurately counted, design the labeling and investigate what the FDA might want from me if I want to broaden my distribution and how to apply for a dedicated barcode.

Meanwhile I will continue making sauces and let people evaluate them for me, this ain't gonna be a quick project but hopefully by Christmas I can have product out at least locally and to a few select others.

I like the Ebay idea Lon and will bone up on that and try to see if it's workable for the holidays.

So far this has been a labor of love and of course a nice ego boost in the process but I can tell that this could get real hectic, real quick if future reception is anything like the initial responses. Time will tell and one thing I do know, I'm gonna have FUN with it!!! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345