That is what I have to do this coming week; buy one. My criteria are probably different. My primary concern is the service I receive over the next 4 years. I have had good luck with one dealer; so that is where I buy cars. I think I confuse the sales people because I go in and say this is the car I want and go get it. This is actually my wife's car so she did go in and drive one. She is getting another Ford Explorer. This will be the third one we have had.

I don't have much faith in reports such as Consumer Reports. Their bias is different than mine. I am a smaller car person. Two years ago when I replaced my car, I drove a number of models. I didn't want another BMW; they are great, but I couldn't take those $400 dollar regular visits; made no sense to me. I tried Honda, Toyota, Subaru, etc. Toyota is very reliable; but, as some wit said, they have perfected the suspension and handling of the 1956 Buick Roadmaster. That was my impression. I liked the Subaru, but the manual transmission was very notchy. Too big of a come down from a BMW. That is why I bought a Focus. Feels like a BMW [of course they designed the transmission] without the cost.

A good salesman is a prize, but an honest service department is even better. I will go in on Tuesday, give him a vehicle ID and drive away. I am too busy to look around.

Good Luck.

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z