Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry. I misread your post Flint.

I was banned at Timebomb, not dear old Unk's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JBT,
    TB has gone straight to hell. You are only welcome to post there if you have some crackhead conspiracy theory, you are unemployed and fucking nuts and need money or you worship the moderators. God forbid if you should challenge a MOD on their info, as you and I well know. Funny how those supposedly "in the know" really know very little after all.

Gee, do you think if I posted that I had a *dream* and was told that almost everyone there is fucked up I would be taken seriously for once? Or should I start reading tea leaves?

Now they have started random bannings, with no explanation to those who have been banned. Seems this is the only way they can prove their manhood. What a surprise.

Yup JBT, our post graduate degrees must be really theatening....

As for the Big Ten (11)....all I can say is "Fight On!" [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JBT:

I didn't know TB banned you, but they've been banning wholesale there lately, so I could have missed it. They have a catch-22 over there, of course, in that it's paranoia that holds the site together, but it's that same paranoia that causes them to expel anyone whose posts attempt to present a sane viewpoint.

The result is to distill an ever-greater concentration of those who actively dislike any sanity at all. I was suspended for a while for noticing that one of the loonier of their numbers was self-named "Wise Owl" and referring to her as "Wise Owl (ROFL!)". Oops, turns out she was a moderator (naturally enough), and so this rather harmless reference was regarded as a personal attack.

A couple of weeks ago, I was directly ordered to post a public apology to one of their sacred cows for QUOTING HER! Apparently, she didn't appreciate being faced with her own claims. So citing her own claims was another "personal attack" in their world.

To some extent, I'm kind of a litmus test there -- too many by now have made it clear that the moderators' nominal causes for banning are a thin smokescreen for opinion enforcement. So if they ban me, they might lose the interest of what remaining vestiges of thoughtfulness they still retain. But as their weeding process continues, this changes from a cause for concern to a cause for celebration.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello....I see signs of intelligent life.

Yep, there's Jack and Flint and...Anita. just think- I was banned before any of you!

Seems incredible that Me-Ender would be thought dangerous. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Peter Errington's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Ender, stating that there is no spoon is pushing it a bit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I for one know for an absolute fact that there is a spoon. Anyone who disagrees with me has ... has ... disagreeable characteristics. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well a good forum is hard to find. Either their S/W is quirky or the members are quirky. I briefly tried the "godlike" site but I've nearly quit on it because it is slow and many of the posters aren't much different (paranoia-wise) from those at tb2k.

Also, one is free at godlike to use another's screenname. Some anti-semite posted a screed under the name "anita". Call me a censorphile but I saw eough of thet BS at Greenspun. Why I continue to go to tb2k is simple enough---there is much activity there. I even enjoy the challenge of expressing disagreement with someone without descending to expletive-deleteds.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lars:

A response from another member of the Olson Cult [img]smile.gif[/img] .

More seriously, I am sitting in a hotel waiting to leave for a flight. I swiped this Toshiba laptop from my tech. It works ok but I still feel that W2000 pro is the spawn of the devil.

I post on one site that has more than 0.5 million members. I post on another, invitation only, set-up by the UN, that is lucky to get 200 posts in 3 months. The later site is much better in terms of information and discussion. It is limited to people who actually know what they are talking about. This doesn't appear to be the case on many sites.

If you think that glikeproductions is slow, it must be your computer or your IP provider. Whatever, my friend, have fun at whatever you do. By-the-by, from what I saw today, turn out the lights when you leave TB2K [since I don't follow the site this could be a one day abberation]. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234