Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haven't seen him for like .... forever.

That must be a really good book he's reading...war and peace perhaps? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Speaking of books, I've just ordered Beethoven's Letters from Borders.com. Really looking forward to reading it, as his music and his life moves me greatly. Did you know that Beethoven was bipolar? In fact I have an extensive list of composers, artists, writers, poets, all who were bipolar. Fascinating stuff. A good book on the subject is called Touched With Fire by Kay Redfield Jameson.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 31, 2003 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Pen Name ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm reading a book also. It's called TimeBomb: 2000. It's pretty scary. Do you have any idea how prevalent computers are these days? They're everywhere! And only a few are really ready for the Y2K rollover thingy. New York is gonna be like Beirut. All of a sudden, everyone in New York will speak Lebanese. I don't know about you, but I'm stocking up on guns and ammo. I don't want nobody speaking Lebanese around ME.

Who's Unk?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tell me, LOL...are you one of the guilty parties who killed Unk's old board? That grudge against timebomb must be such a heavy burden to carry.

[img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] Here, have some coffee and get on with your life

Inactive Member Tricia the Canuck's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pen, I think Unk's busy with his (fairly) new business - the first year is always... interesting for a business!

LOL, what're you doing stuck in 1999? Life has moved on. You can too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, bitterness abounds.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cin:

"Tell me, LOL...are you one of the guilty parties who killed Unk's old board?"

I know, exactly, who was involved in that endeavor. It easy to trace when you know how. I have IP's, names, sat. photos of their houses and gps coordinates. Amazing what you can do with the right tools.

Of course, this was just for fun; you know to see if I could do it. I won't use this data just like I never posted private information about anyone on previous versions of these sites.

Personally, I could care less. The big male turkey is outside. I am going to gobble at him and see his response. Much more important than these little web fights.

Best Wishes,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z--

Please don't give my coordinates to those Air Force guys. I am terrified of Tomahawks flying up my wazoo.

Unk recently posted on frl in the "cat" thread. Of course, that is Greenspun----it was probably LOL posting as Unk.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Course not Lars; you aren't on the list. But I do know this person who coaches basketball in Lubbock, Texas. He would like the location of everyone in Indiana who opposes chair throwing as an Olympic sport. That is another matter. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z,

Did you see where Knight said that he would not accept his 2002-2003 salary from TTech because the team did not do as well as it should have and he blaims himself? I bet his fingers were crossed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I'm still alive.

Which is not to say that I still have a life, but thanks for asking.

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Having a life...the very phrase makes me think of ol' Frankie S...

That's life (that's life), that's what all the people say
    You're ridin' high in April, shot down in May
    But I know I'm gonna change that tune
    When I'm back on top, back on top in June

I said that's life (that's life), and as funny as it may seem
    Some people get their kicks stompin' on a dream
    But I don't let it, let it get me down
    'cause this fine old world, it keeps spinnin' around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
    I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
    Each time I find myself flat on my face
    I pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life (that's life), I tell you I can't deny it
    I thought of quitting, baby, but my heart just ain't gonna buy it
    And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
    I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king
    I've been up and down and over and out and I know one thing
    Each time I find myself layin' flat on my face
    I just pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life (that's life), that's life and I can't deny it
    Many times I thought of cuttin' out but my heart won't buy it
    But if there's nothin' shakin' come this here July
    I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball a-and die

My, my!

Anyhoo....So the big B, the Beethooooovenator was bipolar huh? Hmmmm, I wonder if that esplains my sometimes very up, sometimes very down, moods. I'm quite an artistic guy myself....perhaps when and if I find some time I'll post a pic or two of my own artwork here, mebbe I can borrow Paul's digicam and figger something out. Been doing a few mosaics, you know, lots and lots and lots and lots of little tiny teeny weeny itsy bitsy tiles that eventualy turn into a picture. I've done two of those, and have a third in the works. At this rate the third one will probably be done sometime before the turn of the next century, heehee. The boy hasn't any time to do his art these days, pity really.

Ack!

Back to the point.

Yeah, Unk has been M.I.A. for a while now. The whole DNA marking thingy has been....ummm.....let's see here.....been somewhat problematic. Problems out of my control. So....while the big brain types figure out exactly how to fix the problems, your dear old Unk has taken a job in the automotive industry.

"Would you buy a used car from this man?"

Yes folks, I am back in the car bidness. I am, indeed, the one, the only, the true blue and straight shootin' singular and lonely, one and only, honest car salesman in America.

I have a plan.

It's simple really.

In fact it's a remarkably simple plan formed in the mind of a guy who understands the "golden rule"....

I treat folks who are looking for a new car exactly the same way that I would like to be treated if I were looking for a new car. I don't hammer them. I don't trick them. I don't pressure them with "What do I need to do to earn your bidness today" horseshit tactics. I show them what we have, I answer their questions, and I let them decide when they are ready to go on to the next step in the process. Y'all should be so lucky as to find a guy like me who is willing to take the time to help you find the perfect car for you, and then go to bat for you and help you get a really good deal on it.

The way I see it is...I'm going to lose a few sales in the begining because I'm not going to pressure folks to buy RIGHT NOW.

However,

If you feel like I went beyond the call of duty, and made you feel comfortable with the entire car buying process, you will tell your friends about me, and, thus, in the long run, I will get more sales.

Honest to God, I don't know why most of the people in the car bidness haven't figgered that out yet, but I'm glad that I did. So far it seems to be working, I have a very low "first up close rate" but I have a very high "be-back buyers" rate.

Am I rambling yet?

LOL

One thing that does take it's toll is the hours involved. I work 8 am till about 8 pm five days a week, and then at least another eight hours on Saturday, so y'all will forgive me for not spending much time in here. My life is work, eat, iron (shudder) yes, iron, and then repeat.

But I have a plan.

Love you all, and REALLY DO miss ya

Miss you all a lot

Love and kisses and hugs

Big smootch to Z

Unk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast