Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't want to kill her.

We put Alex down last month. My baby girl who was about the best dog who ever lived.

But...

Ever since then, and, ever since I was working ungodly hours selling cars, the damned Dalmation has been crapping.

Crapping where she shouldn't crap. And, no, not always inside, but, well...shitting in not good places, places where she didn't used to shit.

What the fuck is that? She was once a good dog. I've tried everything. Dammit, shit on the patio, shit here, shit there.

It is getting old. And I don't have the heart to give her away. Dalmations are muy sensitivo...I can't just give her away, banish her, send her to her doom to someone who answers a newpaper ad....

Fuck.

No more dogs for me. Too much damned work. I'm a fucking slave to four legged assholes, a slave of my own choice. Wash em, feed em, ya can't go no where cause somebody has to watch em.

But never again.

Well, not for a long time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe she is pining for Alex? Couldn't you wait a bit longer to see if she improves?

I know, I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to dogs, I'm a slave to one myself. But I figure mine's given me nearly 13 years of unconditional love, so I owe him.

So what if I have to get up a couple of times in the night to let him out to pee. There's been an awful lot of nights when hubby was away and I've slept soundly soley because I knew the dog would hear any noises long before I would.

Best of luck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please don't do it.

You know, when you acquire pets, you sort of make a commitment to care for and deal with them their short time on this earth. One day you will be very old and you will piss and shit your pants. Should your family just give up on you and have you killed or sent to an old folks home? I mean yah, it's about the same thing.

Have you talked to a vet or a dog trainer? It sounds as if the dog is having anxiety or something. Have you considered confining her to one area? How about the yard or a crate when you are not home? I can ask my sister or give you her email address; she breeds and raises dogs and is very good at training them. There must be other ways to approach this, rather than to kill her. In fact, I am surprised to hear you say things like this. You've always talked about how much you love your dogs. Please don't give up on her.

I am sorry about Alex. I know how much she meant to you. (((unk)))

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sure hope you're just making fun of the post on another board. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Note to self...

Count to ten, then post.

Doan worry, I'm not going to do anything rash. I love my hounds...but when these last two are gone it's going to be a dog-free zone around here for a few years while I recover. ( [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(((Unk)))

Don't get a parrot. It'll outlive you now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad you've had time to think it over Unk. They sure make themselves at home in your heart, don't they.