Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering when I was due for a good mouth washing? [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh God, you're a morning person? I need at least 60 minutes of absolute quiet when I wake up. I even glare at the shower head for making too much noise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ROTF @ Lefty...I too am a morning person....slug down a cup of decaf coffee...have my cereal and half banana...and I'm good to go...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Poor shower head. You be nice, Henk! Seriously, I am a morning person. I think it is the best time of the day...that and sunset. Even on the weekends I get up between 6 & 7 and have my coffee and watch the sun come up through the trees. We have such beautiful sunrises here on the farm. Sometime I will just watch the news. Mike and Chloe don't get up until 9 or 10. Then I fix a big breakfast. Yesterday we had waffles and bacon. Sometimes I make swedish pancakes. I dunno why...I just love my mornings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds yummy. Unfortunately, I can't eat in the first few hours after waking up. I force a bowl of Weetabix (well, the Dutch equivalent of it) in after my shower. Do my excercises in peace. Then at lunchtime I really start eating.

I'm with mom. Cup of coffee and a banana is about the maximum I could enjoy in the morning.

I have nothing to do these days and it's hard getting up every morning. I slowly went from 11 am, to 10 and I'm at 9 now. I may even set the clock to eight once I'm used to nine. Ah, the perks of being unemployed. As opposed to the bleak dispair and near-depression that haunts me 8 hours a day.

Well, at least I get to sleep in.

I mean, watching the sunrise. How do you do it? I don't believe I've ever done that. When I had a job I would get up when it was still dark out, but in the city you only get to see the sun once it's way up there, since the buildings block the view. So it would simply get lighter out and I would ride my bicycle to work and...

I kinda miss that.

Weird.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well a sunrise is not hard to see where I live. We are up on a rolling hill with a 360 degree panaramic view. To the west the appalachian mountains stand behind the foothills. On a crisp day you get a great view of them. To the norththere are some woods. All the leaves are gone and so when the sun comes up it rises behind this treeline and it is such a beautiful red-orange. The eclipse of the tall trees is just breathtaking. I see it every morning as I walk to my car to take Chloe to her bus stop. To the west we have another treeline and it provides the same effect as the sunrise. Waht is great about the sunset is that behind the treeline there is a lake and sometimes, if you are standing just so, you can see the reflection off the lake. I would say it is worth an early rise with coffee in hand. These view mostly occur from the Fall to early, early Spring. Summer weekends are nice too because it is not too cold to take my coffee out onto the porch and just sit and look out. It is simply beautiful. It reminds me of a Monet painting or one of Van Gogh's with the haystacks. It is quite beautiful. Another fascinating thing to see is when a storm comes in from the northeast. Mom can tell you. I know Rae has seen it in the summer as well, when Mike and I were married here. It is something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the sunrise...love the sunsets...I love when Robin is here and gets up early and makes breakfast for us all even though I don't eat breakfast for the same reasons as you Henk, her thin pancakes are light and yummy.
    I admit to a fondness for the area where Robin is now, quite lovely and I also adore Asheville area where Mum is.
    vfiles21308
    cfiles16120

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am throwing my camera away....I QUIT!

Those are beautiful shots, That is art!

The First picture is fantastic, The Rock faced bluff & the sea of color in the valley....WOW

the second picture is...awesome the lake mirrors the colors from the trees...just beautiful.

I think I will go back to my construction paper & crayons [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh don't be silly Roger. That picture of the branch with the berries and snow is so pretty. Keep the photography coming. I love to see anything like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's an advantage when you have a good subject to photograph. If I were to take the same landscape pictures over here, you'd get a depressing bunch of flatness and grayness. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but it's not at all beautiful.

Hmm, that does look and sound pretty. I guess I could get up that early the first few days, while the jetlag works in my favor...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast