Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had a ball...Sammie Jr Robin Chloe and me, we did a road trip on Friday. The Shenendoah (ok not spelled right I'm sure)..valley parkway...it was beautiful...mike fixed us a picnic lunch which we ate in the car...too cold to go outside...Sam Jr and I did wine tasting at two vineyards..they got we soused enough to buy 7 bottles of wine. We drank the cranberry wine for dinner on Thursday. Anyway I had a great time. So did my dog...he was in the creek every morning..came home muddy and nasty...bad dog [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, that wine-tasting scam - everyone falls for it. I bought a mighty expensive bottle of Niagara wine when I was good and properly buzzed of all the free wine.

Sounds like you had a great T-day. I always wondered why they don't move Thanksgiving to a day in, say, September. Now you have two of the biggest holidays right after each other. Wouldn't it make more sense to spread 'em out over the year?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

we have labor day in Sept...that is a major picnic deal...

Junior Hostboard Member daniel31122's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: thanksgiving in Virginia

Hello, our Thanksgiving day is the day when the house is as clean as possible, as many guests come) but our family has a tradition for all holidays to clean the whole house and not all parts of the house we can clean ourselves, so we use the services of a cleaning company, after them it always smells of freshness, of course, we are from Brooklyn, not Virginia, but the company that helps us with cleaning works as a cleaning company in many locations, but most often they help us with air duct cleaning Brooklyn and we are always satisfied with the result, guests often ask about who helped us all the same and we always recommend them to them))