Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen a lot of crappy pilots already. (For instance that new Bionic Woman show. I was so excited about that one, but it's so derivative and predictable.) So I'm excited about Bryan Fuller's "Pushing Daisies". Fuller already brightened my world with his special brand of slightly dark, but witty comdies like "Dead Like Me" and "Wonderfalls." Both short-lived. I've seen the pilot already (yay internet) and I'm hoping "Pushing Daisies" will last.

The thing I like about the show is that it's like a fairlytale. Bright colors, bizarre circumstances and it has a narrator. Kinda like a nice bedtime story. Slightly disturbing though. I wouldn't recommend watching it with children. But it's also warm and funny. I don't see how anyone would *not* like Pushing Daisies.

"Pushing Daisies" Premiers Wednesday, October 3. On ABC at 8 PM.

It's, in short, the story about a pie-maker who has a gift ("with a caveat or two") which he uses for solving murders. And it only takes a minute. Usually.

Watch this 30 second trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmRGcfyDkw

pushdaisies

<font color="#DDDDDD" size="1">[ October 01, 2007 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Lefty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Henk, I hope it sticks around too...the lovely little blonde on the far right, her name is Kristen Chenowith...very dear friend of mine as we went to middle/high school together and sang in choir/acted in drama through out those years. She sounds a bit like Minnie mouse until she sings and by goodness you would think she fell from heaven. Got a Tony on Broadway and her comedic timing is amazing having worked with Robin Williams and Steve Martin recently.
    ANYWAYS, I will be pulling for this show as well, despite my personal adoration of Ms Chenowith because it looks beautiful and what a cool concept.

Randy is now hooked on Dexter too and the only other program I thought worth looking into was Journeyman but I missed the first episode sigh*.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? She's so funny in that show. Already one of my favorite quotes is "I used to think masturbation means chewing." And after a few seconds of strange looks she adds "well, I don't anymore." Had me in stitches.

So, everyone, support our friend of friends. Watch it Wednesday. Or if you have other plans, record it on your HD recorder. Or entertainment system.

Or, if you must, on your *shudder* VCR.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I have been waiting for that show to start as well. It looks real good. I told mom to watch fot it because it just seems so "her". Anyway, it starts Weds. and I will let you know....if I somehow forget and miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder which one is Sis???? Hmmmm, I wonder.

2007 10 02 1104 26

I guess I will just need a hint, maybe someone could "point" her out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good Call...that would me Moi!!! This picture was taken the day after my 16th birthday and all of us girls had partied late into the night (we were good girls) I swear!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe it's my weak eyes, but I just can't make anything out in that picture. Damn my feeble but sexy blue eyes! Translation: need clearer picture!

Saw Journeyman too, BTW. A bit Quantum Leapy, but I liked it. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy because it's all about doing small good things. If only everyone did small good things. I'm going to do one small good thing tomorrow. Really.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pay it forward!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just cannot keep up with all the new shows..and they all come on at the same time...I use my back button so much its worn out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I totally enjoyed Journeyman this evening and I am 3/4 of the way through the premier of Boston Legal which has been great. Then I have only Private Practice, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, "Todays" House and Boston Legal and I am all caught up........til tomorrow [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast