Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dang, Alex...where did you get all that info....you amaze me...I am so bad with stats and stuff..that was impressive...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, but don't forget that it's Tonya and not Tanya. 1994 was a weird year which started with the attack on Nancy Kerrigan before a figure skating competition. It was later linked to Harding's camp, even though she was allowed to compete in the Winter Olympics since they couldn't prove her direct involvement. She later pleaded guilty to obstructing the investigation and has been in plenty of other trouble ever since. The 3rd Naked Gun movie was released that Spring and they added a line where a character said something like "this will be more embarrassing to the US that Tonya Harding". Well, who would have thought that OJ Simpson would end up becoming one of the most infamous double murderers in history, and that Anna Nicole would later be perceived as a golddigger with her own reality show and under the influence of drugs most of the time. It's funny how all 3 of these tabloid figures are linked together in one movie.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 07:32 PM: Message edited by: adpz ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now I remember. She was in The Naked Truth too, when Tea Leoni's character thought she was pregant and followed Anna Nicole (wasn't it Smith?) to her gyneacologist (sp?) and dropped her urinesample in her purse. Yeah, that was funny.

Everyone's doing an Osbournes these days. I read in Time magazine about another couple who wanted to do one... Hmm, who were they again? Why all this crap on TV while good shows get cancelled every day? The average viewing public must be, frankly, quite dumb. I mean, Baywatch ran for 9 seasons! Who'd wanna watch that more than a few eps? It must have been the 'scenery' that kept it on the air. Hmm, is that why they call it the boob tube?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tanya Harding, who ALex forgot to mention, was the white trash figure skater who hired thugs to take out Nancy Kerrigan...although Nancy's sportsmanship during the winter olympics that year were so embarassing, that i dont care too much for her either.
    Does any of this ring a bell Henk?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely. In sociology class we had the current social cohesion problem both in the US and Europe. The shape of things to come isn't much better. It's really a spiraling downwards. To a certain point when people start to crave "old fashioned" values. I think we're nearing this point. I believe that's why conservative right has made its 'comeback' in my country, which was known for its progressive nature.

I have a friend who teaches kindergarten and her pupils are really fowl-mouthed. One of them even told her to "drop dead" and "go to hell". I don't know how these things (d)evolved in the US, but when I was that age it was really unthinkable to say things like that. Kids are really more agressive now than ten years ago. And I know, every adult says this. Hell, even Socrates complained about the youth in his day. But I think the last few years this development has gone much further than in other decades.

Even our beloved 'tolerance' (I always doubted this concet existed; I've never seen or experienced it) is no more. According to recent polls and studies the Dutch are fed up with tolerance.

As I said: I think we're hitting bottom soon and maybe then the only way is up?

(That was pessimistic and optimistic in ONE sentence. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I've seen about 2 minutes of each show before I got bored and turned the channel.

They are both very sad cases. Ozzy's brain is so fried....he's eaten one too many bats....cliched rumor, I know. His family is really unattractive...I've seen way too much of them on other programs.

Anna Nicole is totally f--ked up. I think its a sin that they have used her this way. Its opportunistic of them to use this woman's dementia but at the same time its her own choosing.

Both shows are sad statements on the degrading of our cultural standards and modern values.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

F***ed up is right! Anna Nicole is a waste of a person, and Ozzy is the best visual aid out there that proves how harmful drugs are. Anna Nicole's dog Sugar Pie has more sense than the 2 of them combined, and forget about Bobby Trendy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aw, Sugar Pie. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] What a name for a dog. Can you imagine yourself at the park, yelling "Sugar Pie! Here Sugar Pie! I said: get over here, you bitch!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL! Lefty, I do have a dog named Sugarpup...and I do call out her name in the park!

Anna Nicole is such a pathetic case....here is an obviously mentally unstable woman that is being manipulated by entertainment execs who are exploiting her mental illness. What I have seen of her is that she acts almost retarded sometimes: whether that is from drugs or naturally I don't know. And I say that, knowing it is an insult to anyone who actually is retarded. They have no choice over their condition or situation, but this lunatic does. She is an embarrassement to humanity itself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sugar Pie is the real star of her show if you ask me. I still can't believe that it's such a big hit, but I guess it's all that train wreck-like curiosity that we have in our culture.