Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now I've seen two interesting quotes in these last two post: "embarassment to humanity itself" and "train wreck-like curiosity". You would do well at a paper, they love sentences like this, LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bet Mark and Alex wouldnt mind you using their phrases for an article. I am still waiting for you to send me something to read.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And to think we were inspired by the Anna Nicole show! Who says it isn't educational?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-----I have a friend who teaches kindergarten and her pupils are really fowl-mouthed. One of them even told her to "drop dead" and "go to hell". I don't know how these things (d)evolved in the US-----

Things are probably much worse here. It was bad when I was young though too. But I had Cahtolic nuns with paddles on my butt too. But all I know if were that kinder-garden teacher, that kid would not say that to me again. I'd be a strict disciplinarian if I had to be the one in charge...luckily, I'm not though!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We just weren't brought up that way...all those damn child psychologists spouting off about "this is the kids space and this is the adults space." Blah blah blah. I bet they are wishing they kept their mouths shut. Its insane...and you know...its those same kind of parents who will be the first to come to their child's defense, even when they do wrong. I remember somewhere, I think out in CA, that a highschool student brought her cell phone to school when the rules stated they werent allowed to...so the teacher confiscated it. And instead of backing up the teacher, tyhe parent, along with several other parents tried to sue the school over it...I think the favor was in the child whose phone was confiscated... I am pretty sure, because I remember being pretty pissed about the teacher having no authority over the kids in her classroom. And the government wonders why no one wants to teach in this country. Ah well....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My brother's going to be a teacher. Last year a teacher was stabbed by a student, cuz he gave him a bad grade. That just didn't happen before now.

The conservative christian party (at the moment the biggest ruling party) wanted teachers to be able to give, and I quote "a correctional slap" again. I don't know about that, but I feel teachers should get a little more freedom again.

When I was very little this old lady teacher of us always hugged us when we did well. These days she'd be sued, cuz parents think that's inappropriate. Well, I liked to be hugged, dammit! LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well it won't be me unless I can't find a job in publishing. I would love to teach high school literature for a class who could get really involved, but it is tough out there. I too admire those who take on the task of teaching. All the students I know at UNCA that are doing teacher licensure plus their LIt major, plan to teach elementary education. I have not met anyone who is teaching high school lit. Then again, NC teachers get crappy pay and the state just froze many benefits this p[assed year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm definitely against corporal punishment in the classrooms, because I feel it actually worsens the problem instead of helping solve it. However, cases like the mobile phone in CA are just downright ridiculous and reflectly badly on the part of parents. Part of the problem is the fact that they expect the schools and teachers to discipline their kids when they themselves. aren't up to the task. We may also be dealing with parents who are just as bad as the kids if not worse. Our pop culture is not helping matters with the likes of the Osbourne's and Anna Nicole behaving like morons. I have nothing but the upmost respect for teachers and admire anyone brave enough to rise up to that challenge.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 30, 2002 12:44 PM: Message edited by: adpz ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And yet they expect the same results from school. I think good education requires money, cuz good education comes from motivated teachers. And they are always motivated at the start, but after years of bad salaries... Well, I would start looking for another job.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BTW, Bobby Trendy is back on Anna Nicole and it's the 1st time they meet since he decorated her bedroom. I know Cherrie won't miss tonight's episode for anything. [img]wink.gif[/img]