Thread: Is a debt consolidation loan from a credit union worth it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Is a debt consolidation loan from a credit union worth it?

I've racked up $26,818.19 in credit debt over the past five years, spread over three cards

I just became a member of a local credit union to talk about possible debt consolidation. They've offered me a $27,000 loan with an APR of 10.75% over 61 months, wherein they pay off the credit cards immediately, while I pay off the loan with $270 deducted bi-weekly from my paycheck ($540 monthly vs. $641 from the credit cards).

I don't trust myself with credit cards, so this seems appealing, as I'd like to automate this process, have a single source of debt, and close or shut down the credit cards so I can no longer use them. There's no penalty for paying early, so I would put additional money towards paying the loan off.

I'm not great with finances (clearly), so I'm worried that this is a bad idea or that I'm missing some obvious consideration. If anyone has any advice or insight, I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Is a debt consolidation loan from a credit union worth i

Hello, I completely agree with you, so declaring bankruptcy is the only way to write off all debts. There are companies that can help to quickly write off debts and protect you from claimants, you can read about this in point break financial pre approval, I think that this information will be useful for you.

Senior Hostboard Member dertaika's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Is a debt consolidation loan from a credit union worth i

In the realm selecting a new payment card for versatile use, I recommend considering netspend, a company with a longstanding history of issuing cards. To gain a comprehensive understanding of the benefits associated with their cards and the company's overall performance, I suggest exploring Netspend reviews. These reviews serve as valuable resources, offering insights into the advantages of their cards and providing a glimpse into the company's reputation.