Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Do vacation rental homes really "pay for themselves?"

I think you’ll find some good advice here and elsewhere on the web on how to succeed in doing this. In general, I think you can be very successful in having a vacation rental “pay for itself” but the biggest mistake I see people making is trying to do everything themselves! This can tank you early and often, especially if you are new to managing in the vacation rental industry. I would suggest using a property management company that has the proven ability to increase booking rates and manage in this modern age. This means they have to be fluent in managing bookings and guest interactions on all the major online booking sites like Airbnb, VRBO, etc. If you were on the west coast I would suggest Pillow, as they are the best option in this area, but I know they’re not on the US Virgin Islands…yet. I would look at their offerings and try to find a company similar in your desired area. Yes, you may have to pay a little more upfront but I promise you it will be worth it and will make sure your vacation rental “pays for itself” in the long run. Hope that helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Do vacation rental homes really "pay for themselves?"

I believe the best vacation rental website to list a home on is one that not only provides excellent visibility to travelers from vacation rental , but also puts the homeowner's needs first.Look for a site with robust forms for listing properties that allow you to customize rates and calendar availability, and provide a suite of marketing tools to help you create the perfect listing.Additionally, look for a website with customer service support, so you have assistance whenever you need it.

Hostboard Member christiangassand's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Do vacation rental homes really "pay for themselves?"

Thank you for your insights on managing vacation rentals efficiently. It's indeed crucial to leverage professional property management services to maximize returns and streamline operations. As I consider this option, I'm also exploring potential destinations for investment. Considering your experience, could you share how safe is casablanca for tourists? Any firsthand knowledge or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your valuable input!