Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't watch TV anymore. Last week I got busted for "pirating" TV-shows. If it happened again, I would get a steep steep fine. But I'm no pirate. I just download my shows every week and after watching I delete them. And promote the shows to get other people to watch. Apparently Viacom and Universal don't get the difference between "pirate" and "loyal customer."

I feel so ill violated dead smiley 9436

What will I do for TV now? I can watch Heroes on BBC 2. House is on a Dutch channel, but they're always months behind.

*Sigh*

Maybe I should get a satellite dish. I won't download through I-Tunes or something even more legal, for fear of downloading a corrupt file, while having paid for the sucker. That would piss me off six ways from Sunday.

But for now... No more Fringe. No more Dexter, or CSI. Goodbye old friends. I hardly knew ye. sad smiley 401

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have to actually download in order to watch the shows?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

don't you have tebo?...or dvr through your cable company...I have a recorder but I don't know how to use it...thats not pirating..its allowed to tape a show if you are not home to watch later..I guess if i tried to sell it or profit from it..that would be different

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn Henk, that sucks!!! It's my understand that certain shows (ABC for sure) will let you watch for free after they have aired the program you want. I missed 2 episodes of Lost and watched them there w/ any problems...they advertise it.
    If I had a dvd recorder I would tape them for you and then mail them out but because I have the DVR (like what Mum is talking about) I only need a dvd/cd player.

HUGS HENK TIGHT!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AND..I actually watched an episode of the Simpsons the other afternoon....stupid show

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who busted you Lefty? your ISP?
    that sucks, I'm sure there is a way around that.
    It ain't fair to take a mans TV away [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, my provider recommended leeching the shows. In the Netherlands it's legal to download files, but illegal to share them.

I'm now looking into legal downloading. But the irony is that it is hard to find a place where I can legally download tv-shows. No wonder everyone's "pirating". I'd be more than happy to pay for my Heroes-fix if they provided me with a good source and good support in case the files are corrupted. They have this Hulu.com where you can stream TV shows. Unfortunately, it's only available inside the U.S.

I have been tv-less for a week now. It's actually not that bad. I installed GTA San Andreas and I'm wasting my time playing that game now. [img]smile.gif[/img] Maybe this means it's time to move on to other projects. Maybe I'll take up knitting, like my hero Emerson Cod.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know...you can purchase whole seasons of any number of shows. I would check out Amazon or ebay.
    If I went into best buy and paid for lets say the 1st of LOST...it would run about $40-50 brand new. They do run specials though. I always check to see if I can buy it used first.