Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The family of Billy Mason, who has been missing for 1 1/2 years, hopes Canada is a step closer to a national DNA bank and missing persons index.

Mason, who would be 29, has not been seen or heard from since Feb. 22, 2006. He was last seen near 917 Main St. E.

His family is pushing for a missing persons index, which would help identify his body if it has been found.

"At this point, they may have found his body but we don't know," said Mason's mother, Donna Dixon.

Dixon collected more than 6,600 signatures, which she gave to Wayne Marston, NDP MP for Hamilton East-Stoney Creek. He plans to take them to the House of Commons tomorrow when Parliament resumes sitting.

"I'm really hoping they accept it," said Dixon. "Once they say yes, I'm not going to give up."

Police currently rely on tools such as fingerprints and dental work to identify bodies.

good luck Donna...I know how much you are hoping for this and i hope you find your son soon so you can put your mind at peace

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

letter from Donna (Billys Mom)

well we never got the elections so the Petitions have been entered, now we wait for an answer, I will keep u all posted, as soon as I hear the answer.

Also get ready for another poster run.. comming soon to some poles near u...

Come on someone has to break with news on what happened to Billy... How much more do u think we have to take, the pain is so real as if he left yesterday... Please help me have some sort of closure to this nightmare...Call crimestoppers they dont have call display... All I want is Billy home where he belongs.....I dont care of the who, why or what the reason, no questioned asked, all I want is him home.

Thanks
    Donna (Billys Mom)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Marston tables petition for DNA database

November 02, 2007

The Hamilton Spectator
    OTTAWA (Nov 2, 2007)

Donna Dixon, mother of a Hamilton man missing since early last year, collected 6,600 names on a petition calling on the federal government to establish a DNA database that could help find her son.

That petition was tabled in the House of Commons yesterday by Wayne Marston, NDP MP for Hamilton East-Stoney Creek. He hopes the move will help prod Stephen Harper's Conservative government to introduce legislation to review research and to legislate creation of a national DNA human-remains index and a DNA databank of the estimated 4,800 people reported missing in Canada.

Marston says the present patchwork process for checking DNA in missing persons cases is governed by luck.

Hamilton police Inspector Rick Wills says the hunt for Billy Mason, 27, remains active and is being treated as a homicide investigation because a witness reported seeing the man taken from his home at gunpoint.

Anyone with information about Mason is asked to call Detective Mike Maloney at 905-546-4921.

-- The Hamilton Spectator and The Canadian Press

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

from BILLYS MOM

Okay Petition are in.... this has now gone world wide, nearly all of Canada has stood up and took notice, been on radio stations live all day, Yellowknife, Montreal, Calgary, Thunderbay,Whitehorse, etc, just to name a few... I am on a role,

I AM GOING TO FIND MY SON.. ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, NOW I HAVE THE GOVERMENT'S ATTENTION !!!!

hopefully I will also have the attention of someone who knows what has really happened to Billy, they can send me an e-mail , call crime stoppers.... GET THIS.... ALL I WANT IS MY SON BACK, SO AT LEAST TELL ME THAT MUCH.. IF NOTHING MORE, TELL ME WHERE MY SON IS.. FOR CHRIST SAKES PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES, THIS IS HELL, I AM BEGGING YOU ALL HELP ME FIND HIM PLEASE... THANKS

Hello All:
    Sorry no news at this point in time about Billy,or anything I am allowed to share, sorry it is still an active investigation and things are starting to move.

The DNA Petitions have been sent in and now the waiting game is on for a answer, it takes 45 sitting days for them to respond. Due to the number of media releases, we are starting to get some things moving now in regards to Billys case, so that is good news.

Also I am going to be getting Billys Posters back out and onto the polls again, if anyone is willing to help me it would mean alot, Please let me know, it will be a week end in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for asking and I will keep everyone posted.
    Donna