NQ #171 dealt with something that is a little more universally accepted. Food!:

What's the one dish you're looking forward to most at your holiday dinner table?

Stacey: At my mother's we have our Christmas at Thanksgiving, which is when everyone from 3 states can get there. For that Christmas, it was the whole deal - turkey, French baked potatoes, gravy, cranberry orange relish and crescent rolls. No way to pick one food - it had to come as a package deal. For this Monday - it is the cream cheese and chives topping my mother in law makes for the grilled filet mignon. Yum! (Of course, the filet itself is quite yummy, but it is the only time we get that topping.)

Wjelb: I shall be roasting a duck. I look foreward to the crisp skin, the long roasted but still moist meat, the brussles sprouts that I will add in the last hour of cooking (after draining the fat from the pan). Orange sauce? Don't need no stinking orange sauce!

Suzy Chapstick: Apple pie at mom's place.

Mr. Talent: I'm looking forward to anything good, which is just about everything. Most of the dinner is made by gran and a few things by my parents, I cant wait it should be awesome!!!

Ivory: I'm hoping that my dad will make his sweet potatoes with marshmallows, walnuts, bacon and ridiculous amounts of butter. Yum!

Serena: Well, we don't really have a tradition of only serving certain foods every year. We're an eclectic lot. But I gotta say, I'm quite curious about how my fruitcakes turned out. No red dye # 22 and Grinch green cherries to be found in this one! All natural ingredients, wholesome dried fruits, and organic flour and butter. All doused with most of a bottle of Myer's Rum! Happy Crimble and a Gear New Year to One and All!

Chris A. Philistine: Pizza from a take out joint near my wife's aunt's place. We'll be going there on Sat., Dec. 30th for a "Sorry we missed you during the holiday, but let's get together and have fun, now" party. It'll be great; that joint makes some of the best restaurant pizza ever and incredible bread sticks too, plus we?ll be getting KFC original recipe AND extra crispy.
I look more forward to that than the awesome homemade food I?ll be enjoying soon, even though I love the honey baked, spiral cut ham.

Martha: We do not do a traditional sit down formal Christmas dinner in my family. We have always been more informal. We tend to do a help yourself buffet all day long. My one do-not-miss isn't a dish either -- it's a cookie. It's my Grandma's recipe for Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies. I only make them once a year, at Christmas time. But NOTHING tastes like Christmas to me like those cookies. Especially warm from the oven with ice cold milk! I'm already teaching my daughter to make them to carry on the tradition.

A close 2nd and 3rd would be my sister's fudge (made from my Grandpa's secret recipe, he only gave it to her so she has to make it for all of us) and my other sister's homemade caramels. Needless to say, I count on gaining a few pounds every year for these treats! But they are sooooooo worth it!

Zerlina: My husband made a fruit stuffed pork tenderloin from the new Weight
Watchers My Program cookbook. It was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. I will make
that our new holiday signature dish. It's great to have something great
tasting that won't make you feel bloated or unhealthy. We also had salad
with a citrus-vinegar dressing. This christmas I've been craving salads
and roasted veggies. Go figure.

JoyC: Green bean casserole and I am still waiting. Bill and I went over his Dad's on Christmas evening. We thought we were going to have Christmas dinner---we were wrong. We ended up having Jambalaya leftovers when we returned home for the night. OOPS!!

Wien88: Sweet potato casserole with pecans. No marshmellows.

By-Tor: May sound weird, but I was really looking forward to some split pea soup. Wasn't planning to make any, until much to my surprise, I was offered left over ham from a holiday dinner party we went to. Got Ham? Got Split Pea Soup! WooHoo! Cornbread on the side; I pigged out, man.

Dawn: Sweet Potatoes!!!!! Love them things. We make them with a butter pecan crumble on top. MM MM MM Good!!!

Shi: Yeah I know Im being a smart ass here, but I can't help it .... The ONE dish I look forward to is the CLEAN one! OMG, all the food, dishes, and who ya think gets stuck with havin to "WASH" everything? Meeeeeee, so yeah would love to be able to look foward to a "Clean Dish".

No Non-Coms this week, but since she is self-proclaimed, Shi gets the SmartAss Award!