Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

isn't there a way I can get my hands on one? I don't know, like through internet or something?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The killer, as always, are the shipping fees. ^^;;;;;;; I think I posted in another thread the general way the math is done for how EMS etc works from Japan...

I just thought of something. Although Asahiya USA does factor in shipping prices from Japan to the US in what they charge, and then recharge you for shipping from their store to wherever you live (which is why I sometimes have the Chicago store keep stuff in a corner for a few months and then pick it up whenever I actually get to Chicago)... upshot of story: to Panama, it probably still would be cheaper to order things from Asahiya USA than from Asahiya Japan, which is deeply ironic...

Because their English is sometimes shaky over the phone and my Japanese is pretty badly accented, I tend to write them email in Japanese asking for what I'm after. But I'm sure someone at the NY or LA store would have good enough English to get through English email...

Here's their website:
    http://www.asahiyausa.com/

The interface is Japanese; let's see if I can get it to give me a Hana to Yume search string (some places just asp their searches so you can't reproduce them)...

Okay, here's the search string for the Hana to Yume.

http://www.asahiyausa.com/shop/user/...C6%82%E4%82%DF

If I recall correctly, a Hana to Yume is about 280 yen (approx $2.25) in Japan. The difference between that and the base $8.40 from Asahiya is their shipping cost to the US, and then they have to reship things.

But I remember from previous email conversations that if you want a specific issue, you don't want to just order it online because what they have for sale is out of sync with what's in stock in Japan. Email them and ask them about the particular issue you're interested in, whether it's the one with the stickers or the last-ever one...

Good luck, too. If Maiko can't find 'em for me, I'll probably be trying this route myself...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So Count Cain is really finishing!sad Good things must come to an end I guess. I hope Kaori Yuki creates a new manga. I don't know...Bloodhound seemed finished to me, but Kaori Yuki never makes happy endings!p

P.S. I love these smilies! ha

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just thought I'd share this picture I found with everyone...don't worry, it's spoiler free ^_^

but if you look around the site that it's on...beware...spoilers abound O_O

http://www.lapislazul.net/major/Gallery/Ga089.jpg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*drool*

*lick screen*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah baby! >_0V
    Thanks for sharing that.

:wipes a tear from her eye and salutes the tankoubon pile: I'm going to miss this series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Ok...I just saw that pic and my mom was behind me -_-U.........

[img]redface.gif[/img] *BLUSH* [img]redface.gif[/img]

Aside from that. Nice Pic. Thanks ^-^!!!....ehhh...my mom says she liked it too -_-U

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

err...hold on... you all said that count cain is gonna end in hanayume 20, but when i was looking at the preview for hanayume 21 i found cain there! count cain in hanayume 19 only says 'next, the last chapter for god child' and it doesn't say 'the last chapter of count cain' don't you think that the last chapter of god child is only the change from god child to another story arc, e.g. from 'kafka' to 'mark of the red ram'
    i'm not sure though, this is just purely my own opinion.... i don't want cain to end yet T_T *sob*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you're one issue off. The currently-available Hana to Yume is number 20 and it's the one that says the next chapter is the end of God Child, I thought...?

Number 21, which is the one in the preview and will be dated Oct. 4, is the one which we're pretty sure has the last chapter.

I bet this is the preview of #21 that you're looking at:

http://www.hakusensha.co.jp/cgi-bin/...mag01&day=next

<font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 02, 2003 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh yeah... you're right.. i missed one issue [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] i hope that it will be just the end of god child, not the end of count cain [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]