Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmmmm...hey, that might just be it! ^^ (Though I can't see how anyone could have figured that out without thorough sleuthing) Cain Cornwall Hargreaves...?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think so... that's not how the English titles went. I'm pretty sure that originally the title was related to the land grant that came with it, not to the person's name -- cf. "George Gordon, Lord Byron" et al. -- because one person could hold several titles and several land grants due to convolutions of marriages and inheritances.

Now that there aren't land grants associated with title grants, they just make everybody knights or dames and don't give them a lord-title (cf. Sir Alec Guinness/Dame Judi Dench), but at that time I don't think something related to the family's lordship would have been put into his name.

Actually, Hargreaves probably wouldn't have been the name of the earlship either -- same with the marquisdom of the Rotterdales in Red Ram... and the name of Cornwall Castle probably wasn't connected to either the family name or the name of the holdings.

Of course, there's nothing to say whether or not Yuki Kaori knows that...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a little theory on this incident, care to listen? It contains spoilers though so if you want to see this just highlight/select the contents below...

*SPOILERS!!*
    <font color="#ffffff" size="1">
    For those of you who follow Hana to Yume, theres a chapter where Riff gets poisoned by the Girl. Cain runs off to get the poison, Riff thinks its dangerous so he crawls out of the hospital to find Cain despite his not so stable body. He meets the Doctor(sorry I can never spell his name correctly) and blacks out. We see a scene where Riff is chained up and the Doctor does something we don't know about to Riff. Later, Riff shows up to save Cain and is magically cured. Therefore I'm going to conclude... (yes I'm getting to a point)
    The doctor did something to Riff that made him act the way he's acting. I have back up to this theory because at the end of the chapter where Riff gets poisoned, The doctor said something about the thing he did to Riff will make them see hell and something like he wants to see just exactly how strong their bonds are, and he seems quite sure that the bond would break because of whatever he did to Riff.</font>
    *END OF SPOILERS*

I'm going to hold onto this little hope I have.
    I think it's possible and as a Riff/Cain fan I'm going to believe in it no matter what anyone says T.T

Unless Kaori Yuki decides to screw my little hope up, then I guess Riff/Cain relationship is just going to turn a little more violent...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] Hope so! I LIKE Riff... kakakakakakaa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hmm, Kann, dear, I think you might be on to something. That was the Michaela/spider/"who's going to tie my shoelaces?!" story, wasnt it. At the time thought Jezebel was just prodding at things to see what happened, but it makes a lot more sense now.

As for Cain's middle name: Clive? Calvin? Craig? Carl, Cecil? I think not. As for Yuki Kaori giving him a county for a middelname, ie Cornwall, who knows. I mean, we've had a man called Cleo already....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to those of you for agreeing with my point. my brain and heart has gone through way too much torture these days from the constant plot twist by kaori yuki.

To add onto this note, I personally think its quite impossible for Riff to dislike/not care about Cain due to reasons. I'm going to refer this back to the spider and poison chapter again.

There might be some spoilers...

<font size="1" color="#ffffff">
    I don't think it possible for Riff to act so concerned to a point where he risks his own life for Cain, in his unstable/half-unconscious/mentally confused state , if he was doing it for an act. Because, if you were acting like you cared for someone, you wouldn't really be able to do it when you're half unconscious and unstable both physically and mentally, AND near death.

So my conclusion is, even if Riff really is working for Cain's father and he is the tower, he does care for Cain despite all that. And if Kaori Yuki decides to twist all that, then I get to claim that she made a character and plot fault.</font>

Sorry for my long rants, I just feel a desperate need to say this T.T I lack explaining skills.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think there have been way too many slashy moments over the years so far, for it to all be an act. It /seems/ real, damnnit! Sure, Lief may be working for Alexis, but I still happen to believe he's developed feelings for Cain. Having said that, we'll probably get to see cain fall apart completely at this revelation. Mmm, angsty.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehe...just though I'd revive this Count Cain thread to paste in a bit of the translation of Kaori Yuki's author note at the end of Red Ram 1. ~.^ Nice tidbit about Dr. Jezebel...and why he likes preserving eyes more than brains...

-------

Kaori Yuki:

As for the doctor, some people said that
    "He's a nut case"... Yup! That fellow is definitely a nut case! Thinking that the colour of eyes, organs, body parts, blood vessels & blood are beautiful, and even goes to the extent of preserving them... He'll probably end up in a glass case himself one day... Yucks! He labels
    each bottle with a name, and talks to them like "You sure look beautiful today." ... he didn't do this in the book though! It seems that he doesn't quite like bones or brain matter, probably due to their lack of colour!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"He looks pretty comfortable..." Riff and Cain looked cute when he got back. ^^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brrr read the next Cain chapter yesterday. It nerves! Meredianna is moaning all around and Emmeline just hits the guys and the story goes so slowly. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Don't missunderstand me, I really love Cain and these stories but the Red Ram story is IMHO not as good as Kafka. I know that the ending of the story is very good, I have read it with Risu-chan's translations. The whole story is also very important for understanding Doc Jezebel. But it nerves. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Today I got God Child 5. I could only look at the pictures but Cain seems sooo cute there. ^^ I really hope that the Count Cain series is ready scanlated very soon, so that we can read the beautiful God Child volumes. [img]smile.gif[/img]