Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Miko Chan:

Hey, I go to art school myself, and i know that stuff can be tedious, all that research...but it IS important. Knowing about the history of what you're making lets you in on the thought process of the development. To make a solid art element you need more than just to look at that element so you can copy the look, you have to figure out why it is the way it is. When you know why it is the way it is you understand exactly what it is and how it's supposed to work- even if it seems completely obvious already you'd be surprised what you can learn about the most mundane things by finding out how they came to be. From that point on you can become a lot more creative with what you do with it because you can figure out ways to enhance the function and add your own ideas to the barebones concept.
    *rereads that*
    I am SUCH a nerd...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last year I had like the worst art teacher. At least the worst I ever had. He never really explained anything to you, and if you asked him for a simple thing he would say go research it for yourself. Errggg...everyone hated him and said he was a bad teacher, but he didn't even call himself a teacher, he called himself a m e n t o r. Your an art TEACHER for crying out loud. Geez, all he did was sit at his desk and complain about how noisy we were, and sometimes we weren't even that noisy.
    I also hate how you have to do all those steps. First you have to draw a thumbnail, then a double rough, then a rough, then a colour rough and then finally after all of that you can finally work on your piece, and by then you are so tired of drawing that same picture and don't even feel like doing it anymore. I know why you have to do all those steps, but it is still very annoying.

About the piercing thing. My sister's friend wanted to get a tougue piercing but she's toungue-tied.
    Actually, my sister's and I were all supposed to go and get pierced together, but then my older sister (who was paying for it all) ran out of money. My oldest sister was supposed to get a lip piercing (which is really cool, but since she wants to get it done now I never can), my younger a nose piercing, and me a cartilege (don't know how to spell that word) piercing. If I just bought some "good" studs I would get my friend to do my piecing, but I am beyond poor right now, and I mean really poor. I just moved and I have no money, I am like 600 dollars in the hole and since I have to eat that number keeps rising. Why on earth do I have to eat, it wastes so much money, and I could use that money for things I would rather buy. Actually I did that once, but I am not going to get into that now. Hey does, or has anyone ever done their own piercings? All I ever did was a second piercing on my ears, but they got infected (only because the earings bothered my ears), so I got a different "good" stud and let one hole close up, but the one I kept healed perfectly and looks cool. You know, if you pierce your own ears it doesn't hurt, at least I didn't think it did. It's just gross when you hear the sound of the needle going though the cartilege, maybe I went to slow. I don't know if it's a good thing that I am recommending piercing your own ears, but if you do it right there shouldn't be any problem. Lots of people I know do it.

Geez, I really just rambled on, I guess I am in a talking mood, and there is no one up to listen to me, so ha ha, I guess you guys have to suffer through it ha ha, that is unless you don't read it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yah i pierced my cousins ears. he was like 15 when i did it (i was like 13) so parents got really mad....but it came out cool. and it never got infected. he still has them pierced.

but yah count down untill my tongue...like 2 weeks. wooo hoooo. haha im more excited than scared at this point. tho i might have to move the date from the 23rd to the week after. since my b-day is the 19th which is a tues...my family might want me to come home so we can celebrate on the 23 which is that sat.

but either way...soon as i turn 18 goin down to the piercing parlor @_@. haha...and im bring a posse who will see me cry and pass out. oh and prolly gunna take like a percaset right before i get it done..so that it takes care of the pain for a lil while.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123