Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG I remember this story...I got the privilige of hearing both Robin and Goat tell it...OH I LAUGHED SO HARD. Goat is amazing and there are so many stories....let me gets DEPENDS b4 you start Robin!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When my mom and grandmother (Goat) were flying out of Orlando to Phoenix about 17 years ago, they pulled up to the departs parking area, and my grandmother, who always overpacks could not carry her bags. She saw a black fellow and started shouting really loud "Porter?...Poooorrrterrrr?" When he did not respond and kept walking with his back to her she starts after him shouting "porter" for about 150 yards. My mom was just sitting there utterly shocked and embarassed. Finally, after dodging her for as long as he could, and with onlookers staring from all her ruckus, the guy turns toward Goat, and first she said, holding a dollar bill, "WOuld you mind getting my bags?" And he looked at her real stern-like and said, "Ma'am, I'm a pilot, not a porter." Mom grabbed her luggage and made a bee line thru the doors.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those are some wonderful memories [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

This is the time of year that my mother used to make fried pies, She would use dried fruit, like peaces, plums, apples and wrap them in a home made dough.
    She would let us kids crimp the edges of the dough with forks before droping them into a large cast iron dutch oven filled with hot oil.

When they turned brown & started to float, she would pull them out to cool...Guess who usually couldn't wait and end up with a burnt tongue?
    I miss those wonderful treats [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello & Welcome Shades Of Gray. Yeah, I also had a crush on Marcia, But instead of Ginger, I liked Mary-ann.

Wow thanks for the memories, I had forgotten about that Space 1999 series.

rog

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ November 20, 2006 07:25 PM: Message edited by: ellanoize ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ellanoize:
    hrI Remember that my 2 sisters had a crush on Jack Wild from this show.

You reminded me of some of the other shows from back then that I liked. Remember Land of the Lost?

lost

Here was a show that I enjoyed, A fwemale Batman & Robin (in tights....Ohhhhh Yeah)

electro
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah all the above for me too. Though i would throw in some sigmund and the sea monsters, Pippi Longstocking, and i had a crush on sissy from Family Affair also.Sissy? WTF was i thinking? Of course Marsha was hot too and Ginger from Giligan's island.

B00003PE9901LZZZZZZZ

B00007G1VV01LZZZZZZZ

B000EXZFS001 SCLZZZZZZZ SS260 V56907883

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about...

B00005UW7701LZZZZZZZ

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG!! Space 1999 was my favorite late night show!! I loved that chick that could turn into other things. Every show you mentioned in your last two posts were some of my other favorites as well. Did you also watch Doctor Shrinker?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but of course. You are referring to Maya the shapeshifter who appeared in the second year of the show.
    She was my fave too.

Psychon Maya

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow I feel like I have been flung in to a time warp!!! This has brought back amazing memories. You must be around 40 Shades. Were you a big fan of 80s music? Most people I know were not.

Well I am off to NC for Thanksgiving. It is nice to meet you Shades. Have a lovely holiday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Between the Holidays, Me falling and banging up my knee and then Hostboard going down for so long, It looks like I have abandoned my board...But I haven't, Here I Am! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I went to my sisters yesterday and I stayed for dinner, She made pork chops and Potatos & Dumpling soup...Mmmm
    I haven't had that for years, My Mother used to make a huge pot of it and I could live on the leftovers. Today I decided to try my luck and they turned out fantastic. I remember asking my Mother a long time ago for the recipe and being told it was some of this, a little of that and a couple sprinkles of salt...Thank goodness my sister payed more attention than I did [img]wink.gif[/img]